Chapter 11

Narrator's point of view

After an eventful hours, only a few remain and included Cedric and Violette who danced slowly to the music to kill time. The Black danced with the twins hours ago and they were also here with their dates, enjoying the aftermath of the ball.

The whole night she spent dancing and laughing with her friends she didn't even notice that Remus had his eyes on her for a long time now. He had troubles on asking Sirius if he made someone pregnant. Remus told Dumbledore that he would try his best to hide the fact that his bestfriend's daughter is attending Hogwarts. He doesn't even know if Sirius knows and kept it a secret the whole time since they were in their youth. Even if Sirius doesn't know her existence, Remus would make sure that Violette will be out of harm's way and protect her from anything.

She and Cedric talked about everything they have encountered on their life. The Hufflepuff was more interested in Violette since she is a transferee and a Black with many problems. They have only know each other for weeks but he knows it deep down that she will play a big part on his life.

"So you mean to say that a girl from Beauxbaton caused you problems in the past?" Cedric asked, swaying through the music while looking slightly down to meet her eyes.

She nodded smiling, "She and I met when we were 12. It was a perfect story to tell the kids some day. But she was not the one." She said sighing but could no longer feel the heartbreak of Nicole breaking her heart. Instead she found comfort in the idea which scared her.

"So who is it now? Certainly you've moved on but with a help of somebody. Nobody forgets their first love like that." He said and the girl nodded.

"Nobody except me. Believe it or not Cedric, I had many things happen this year to make me forget about her." said Violette who held the boy's hand softly.

"Was that 'things' Hermione Granger?" He suggested while he looked over to his right, making Violette do the same thing only to see Hermione talking to Ron in a hushed tone. "I am not blind, Vi. I see the way you look at her."

Violette's cheek turned light red and shook her head in disagreement. "It's a small crush, Ced. I'll get over it sooner rather than later."

"I can't say that I believe you. Especially on that blush I just witnessed." He whispered and the girl chuckled rolling her eyes. "I also can't blame you. Hermione is a wise girl of her age, you picked one of the good ones."

Both stopped moving and looked around them, the two shared a look and chuckled amongst them. "Looks like we've been dancing since forever."

"How dare you?! Besides I can take care of myself!"

Cedric and Violette's eyes landed on Hermione while she kept up with Ron's walk, trying to get away as fast as he could. Their constant bicker was alarming the people who was in the great hall. When the two disappeared through the exit, Violette looked over her bestfriend and gave him a sorry look.

"I know I know. Go on, I'm a bit tired as well already." He said assuring her, letting go of her waist.

"Are you sure? I can stay if you want." Violette said looking at him seriously. As much as he wanted to spend more time with her, he couldn't pry her attention away from her other friends in need.

"Yes I am sure. I'll see you tomorrow." He said smiling. The girl nodded and bid her goodbyes before leaving to follow her friends who has been in a fight ever since Ron never believed her when she said that she has a date tonight. Was that so hard to believe that someone would ask Hermione?

Her eyes landed on the stairs where she came down on. Harry and Ron was already walking up while Hermione got left alone by herself. She didn't exactly looked happy and was crying from where Violette stood.