Chapter 4

Narrator's point of view

Violette Black excused herself when Dumbledore dismissed them, she wanted to go to the library with Hermione now but she left all her books and quill in her room. She, alone ofcourse, walked to the Gryffindor dormitories with the rest. Excitedly, she entered the common room and a lot of people were talking and laughing after they found out were the three champions of the Triwizard tournament.

Violette smiled politely to the people who greeted her, she wondered inside her head why people knew her but then again she moved from Beauxbaton to Hogwarts. Only a few knew her last name since she lowered her head everytime she's in class so that no professor would call her by her last name. Tomorrow however she knew that everyone will know, tomorrow is when Professor Remus Lupin will come back, her godfather (In which the godfather does not even know he has a godchild.)

"Violette!" A voice called for her when she was just about to open the doors to the girl dormitories. She turned around to see a raven colored hair boy, looking breathless on catching up with her.

"You're Harry, right? Sorry it's just that everyone knows who you are and I'm a friend of your friends." Violette said smiling and shook his hand warmly for a greeting.

Harry chuckled and nodded understanding. "I just want to personally welcome you. It's not everyday that we get a new students in our year, you know?" He said and Violette nodded.

"Thank you for that, Harry. Isn't your last name, Potter?" Violette asked not sure, the boy nodded making Violette smile.

"And yours?"

Violette's lips tugged into a forceful smile, she thought about on not telling him, or to tell him. Lily and James is a good friend to Sirius, everyone here is connected to her father which made her irritated about it.

"It's a long story, which I'm glad to tell you tomorrow. For now, I have to meet your friend Granger." Violette said and Harry nodded but on the inside he was disappointed.

He didn't want to be rude and let the girl go by saying goodbye, he watched her enter the dorms and with that he sighed disappointedly. There goes he's chance on asking her, her name.

Violette was not dumb, She knew very well that Harry was onto her. Her mother showed her a picture of Sirius one time and she couldn't even lie, they look so similar especially on the nose. It somehow made her smile and happy to finally have a face to a name. She even inherited his snarky attitude which she rarely use because she couldn't take matters seriously anymore.

She grabbed her bag and placed her books inside with her ink and quill. Her eyes landed on the formally looking letter that was laying on her bed. She looked around the room and nobody was even here or looked to have been here. Violette grabbed it and her name was on the very front, cursive and very beautiful writing. She knew who it was from but was hesitant on opening it and reading.

The door behind her opened and she, non knowingly, put it inside her bag in a hurry. She looked back to see her roommate, Lavender. She smiled a bit and gathered her stuff and left the room.

It was a long walk to the library and the moon shined from the windows, only a few people were in the halls and there was definitely nobody in the library. Well, only two when she entered and one was Madam Pince fixing one of the shelves by the entrance.

Violette walked inside saying a small hi to the librarian in which the older woman smiled politely and continued to do her work. She walked inside searching for Hermione somewhere in here and yes she saw her in the very end of the library with a bunch of books surrounding her.