Chapter 22

Narrator's point of view

Sirius and Violette spent the next two hours on talking and laughing by every words they exchange to each other. Earlier, Scarlet gave them both a newly brewed cup of coffee and leave them to be so she can help Molly buy food outside and cook for all. As much as she wanted to sit with her family, she had to cook.

The younger Black tried her best to express her broken feelings to her father. As much as it pained her to relieve the memory of Cedric lifeless, she wanted to move on. Only for that to happen if she talks of Cedric and not feeling pain.

The Father between them told Violette a story wherein James once broke his nose. It happened the day of James' birthday and as his bestfriend, Sirius wanted to make the celebratory memorable. He scared him, almost to death, while leading him (Without James knowing at the time) to the forbidden forest. Sirius only planned to jump in and scream his head off but got the bigger surprise when James punched him blindly on the face thus, the broken nose.

"I've always loved that part of the story." James interrupted with his arms crossed, studying his niece's face very carefully and at awe for how Sirius and her looks so much alike. He sat down in front of them, by the opposite couch.

"Impeccable timing, Prongs." Sirius said a hint of playful annoyance laced his voice.

Ignoring Sirius, "I'm James— It's nice to finally meet you, Violette." He said in all politeness and offered his hand to shake and so they did.

"You too Uncle James." Violette said and by the mere word of 'Uncle' it made James very delighted and happy.

"Don't you have a son to wake up, Prongs? I'm spending my time with my daughter." Sirius said glaring at him in ways that made both James and Violette chuckle from his ways.

"Miss the chance to meet my niece? I don't think so, Padfoot." James gave him the eye and the two shared a look.

"Where is Harry? I haven't seen him in a long time." The girl in the room asked gently, realizing that she still hasn't seen the Potter and Ron.

"He is probably still asleep. He and Ron stayed up late to wait for you but you were intoxicated when you arrived." James said amused and it made Violette chuckle, genuinely this time.

"I was in a rough place— I still am, speaking truthfully."

James' smile died down, "I'm sorry to hear of Mr. Diggory's death." The apology was sincere and it just made Violette nod with slight emotional flush.

"Great you have upsetted my daughter." Sirius exclaimed and huffed to his bestfriend who lets out a laugh, his head pulling aback in the process.

"Can you stop calling her 'your daughter'. We know it already."

"You can't blame a father for being proud for his child." Sirius turned his head to admire a duplicate version of him but only younger and a girl. He smiled at him in which she did so as well.

James snickered, "Scarlet and him always fought in front of us. Acted as if they hated each other's guts but the two made incredible actors, I tell you."

"Yes we did." Scarlet spoke and their attention diverted to her walking her way to them with ease. She sat down in the middle of her family, planting a small kiss on her daughter's head making them smile.

"Merlin— you are making me miss my family. I'll leave you three to be then." James bid his goodbye acting foolishly annoyed but winked playfully to his Niece.

Violette chuckled and the door closed giving their small little family some time alone.

"What have I missed when I were gone?" Scarlet asked directly to Violette who's smile never left her energetic face.