Chapter 27

Narrator's point of view

Violette managed to slip away from her friends that were in the common room. She and Harry tried their best to lie their converse with Hermione who kept throwing questions of concern and curiosity. Which they succeeded wonderfully but it didn't mean that they won.

The girl took off her robes and threw it on her bed while she sat down on the chair, in front of her books and quill. Her hand shaken from the abuse, she took it and wrote carefully. The thought of her writings will magically hurt her once more never left her head.

Violette took a deep breath after writing one word and looked at her hand that looked broken and burned time and time again. To her realization, it was not hurting her again like she thought and sighed in relief.

The doors behind her opened and close and she didn't need to look to know who it was. "I'm just finishing these homework, love." She spoke and kept her head down and wrote through the parchment paper.

Hermione took the quill from her hand making her sigh and smile looking up. "I want to see it."

"I don't know what you mean." Violette stood up and managed to hide her hand by putting it on Hermione's waist, wanting to stall of what's to come.

"Don't give me that, Violette. I saw Harry's hand, scars. She did this to both of you didn't she?" Hermione asked and the Black smiled but it is not the same. She carresed the other's hand while she showed her her hand.
"Oh Merlin..." She whispered and gently traced her fingers on the damaged skin. Violette lets out a hurtful look by it but never spoke.

"I guess Harry told you that we shouldn't tell anyone." Violette whispered and clenched her other hand, relieving her pain.

"But why? She abused her power in Hogwarts and hurt you." Hermione just couldn't understand why her friends won't tell anyone of this.

It made Violette chuckle, assuring the girl she likes that she is perfectly fine. "I won't give her the satisfaction. Mainly, I would love to see her try on breaking me."

"You're willing to risk expulsion? Losing me?" Asked Hermione. Her hands travelling to Violette's shoulders for her to compose.

"I will never lose you. I won't allow it." Her words somewhat soothed Granger who smiled and hugged the slightly taller girl. Her ear against her chest where she could hear a rapid heartbeat. "Promise me you will stay out of trouble."

"I can't do that but I will try. As long as that annoying excuse of a professor won't get in my nerves again, I'll try." The assurance made Hermione chuckle.

"I missed you." Hermione whispered and looked to meet Violette's eyes already looking down at her. She leaned forward to capture her lips and the night completed their day.

Violette went alone to go eat which she didn't want to wake up Hermione up from her arms. It was breakfast anyways so she won't be missing much. Less she can say about Ron who was already munching everything around him while reading the newspapers with his one hand.

She minded her own business and ate peacefully with Ron and Ginny in front of them. Her thoughts keep leading to fear, fear of Hermione getting the same fate she received in Umbridge's office. Hopefully she won't get in trouble this year.

"Violette." An Unfamiliar voice called her from behind making her turn around and see a student from the Hufflepuff house.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" She asked turning around the whole way.