Chapter 18

Narrator's point of view

Violette Black walked with Cedric who has already worn his outfit for the last task. She tried to occupy his head other than the fact that he is afraid to be hurt or worse die.

Both were on their way to the maze where half the students are already are. Violette had to push away his friends who wanted to encourage him for this but all she wanted to do was to talk to him normally. They could hear the cheers and shouts from the people indicating that they are close.

"Once you grabbed that cup and come back, I'll make sure to give that ridiculous scarf back." Violette said and both chuckled genuinely, especially Cedric who is nervous.

"I'm starting to believe that the scarf grown into you. Keep it, I insist." Cedric said looking kver his friend who sighed and nodded in defeat.

"Please be careful. I hate to see you all beaten up once you leave the maze."

Cedric nodded. "I promise then."

Both stood on the entrance where many people are coming in to find a decent place to sit. Cedric is suppose to go to the back where he makes his entrance. Violette hugged the boy who wasted no time in doing the same thing.

"I will see you later." Violette mumbled and backed away.

"Yes you will." Cedric winked playfully and he ran to get to the back so he won't be late. Violette watched as he went inside and so did she finding Harry, Ron and Hermione by the very front.

She walked towards them and stood besides Harry, "There you are. We were beginning to worry you won't show." Harry said and the other two snapped their head to look at their friend who sighed.

"I just had to peacefully say goodluck to Ced. Oh look there they are." Violette pointed and the champions began to come out of a door whilst people chant their names.

Violette smiled at the Diggory who nod at her. His father is here as well walking alongside of him in support. She clapped and stopped when Dumbledore raised his wand by his neck to speak.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory." People cheered loudly but mostly it was the Hufflepuff to increase the champion's confidence. "Is in first position. He will be the first to enter the maze followed by Mr. Krum." The Durmstrang hollered, their deep voices caused some annoyance to people particular to Violette. "And Ms. Delacour." People cheered boastfully including the Hogwarts students.
"First person to touch the cup, will be the winner! I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter to any point a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task. He or she could only send up red spark from their wands. Contestants, Gather round."

Dumbledore and the champions huddled by the front and people watched wondering on what they were talking about.

"In the maze, You'll find not dragons and many creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something even more challenging. You see people change in the maze and find the cup if you can, But be very wary, You could just lose yourself along the way." Dumbledore informed and Cedric sweat ran down his temple in nervous.

Once the cannon fired, He looked back one last time to Violette who sent him a comforting smile before he went ahead to hug his father. He took a deep breath and walked inside the maze and the darkness it will be waiting for him in there. The entrance of the maze closed off and he could no longer hear the trumpets nor the claps. Just pure silence and walking in the fogs.

"He'll be alright." Harry comforted the tense Black who sat down in fear.