Chapter 19

Narrator's point of view

Violette had to endure a whole hour of Dumbledore speaking to the loss of Cedric in the great hall. Not once has she spoken to anyone even to Hermione who tried her best to bring back the old her but to no avail. Many sent the girl pity looks but not having the courage to say sorry for her.

Once that Dumbledore had finished from his speech, He bid his goodbyes to the visitors that came upon Hogwarts. All of the students went outside to bid them a proper farewell except Violette who stood by the doors as she was prohibited to leave. Their Headmaster wanted them to say goodbye properly. Dumbledore had someone kept an eye out for her and those were the Golden trio.

Her eyes caught Nicole Deveraux who sent her an apologetic look but she looked the other way not wanting to deal with such a drama. Only to someone walked towards her and it was Fleur, not knowing what to say to approach her once friend.

"Violette." Fleur called and the Black looked to her direction with a painful and forced smile.

"Goodbye, Fleur." Violette said and crossed her arms not wanting to exchange more words to delay the inevitable.

"Wait. Just listen to me, please?" The Delacour begged and held the girl's arm for her to dart her attention to her. "I am deeply sorry for Cedric. You have to move on at some point for him to find peace."

Violette looked away and leaned on the wall, "Don't lecture me on what I can and cannot do, Fleur. I am not being impolite nor trying to push you away. Just please, go before I can say anything regrettable." She said as neutral as she could that it scared the Veela who let go of her arm.

"She said goodbye as well. We'll miss you, Violette." Fleur said one last time before turning around and left her alone. The Black's eyes wandered to the huge crowd of people by the hallway leading to the other school's transportation, She could see Nicole's eyes on her and mouthed her a 'goodbye' before turning around and left.

Violette looked down as she heard the claps and farewells from the Hogwarts students. She turned her head to the hallways where Dumbledore stood with his hand behind his back watching their visitors leave, But he was mostly keeping an eye out for Scarlet's daughter.

Dumbledore has not yet spoken to her parents of what happened. Afraid of what their reaction might be, he wanted to speak to them in person so he could explain why their daughter has seemed to lost herself.

Hermione, Ron and Harry walked to Violette's way only to be stopped by their headmaster's look for them to hault in which they did. He made his way to the Black who stayed put and stood straight.

"Do you know who killed him? Cedric?" She asked once Albus came closer to her. He shook his head in disagreement which made Violette gave him a piece of paper.

It read, 'Consider that boy's death a warning. Bring yourself to me and your pathetic family and friends will be untouched.'

Dumbledore sighed and gave the parchment back to the girl. "He died, because of me. He did not deserve this..." Violette whispered, the struck of emotional pain hit her like a train.

"Cedric Diggory's death will never be your fault, Violette. He is and will be honored in this very castle. I might not know him very well but with what I gather, he will not want you to keep acting like this for him." The man stood in front of her and the pool of tears are surrounding her eyesight.

"He was my bestfriend... I didn't get to say goodbye as I was too stubborn." She whimpered and held her self aback, she has been doing that for many days now. "Professor, Might I pack early? I want to go home to my mom."