Chapter 9

Narrator's point of view

"A ball? Is that even necessary?" Violette asked while she ate her food in a not so good mood. Words spread that Hogwarts will host a ball for the champions of the triwizard tournament. It was a rumour but lately all rumours here has been declared truth.

"It's the perfect time for a ball I guess." Ron shrugged not caring for said topic while he ate his way to his sandwich. But then again, he has a point.

A younger boy from probably second year came up to their table, specifically to Ron who handed him a package. "A Parcel for you Mr. Weasley."

"Thank you Nigel." Ron said and grabbed the large cardboard. The boy left once Ron started to open it. "Oh look mum's sent me something." Said Ron who was all excited when he saw his mother's name.

He opened it and frowned when he saw an odd looking clothing making Ron stand up to take a good look of it. "Mum's sent me a dress." A few girls laughed when they see Ron with it.

Harry looked and stiffled a laugh. "Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry teased and searched the box, "Aha." He put the bonnet up and laughed.

Violette chuckled making Hermione who was besides her hit her on the arm. She gave her a glare making the Black back down.

Ron walked up to Ginny and showed it to him. "This must be for you, Ginny."

She looked at her weirdly. "I'm not wearing that it's Ghastly." said Ginny which made Hermione and Violette laugh at her reaction.

"What are you on about?" Ron questioned and went back to the table, raising the dress for everyone to see.

"That's not for her, Ron." Violette said smiling at him when he looked so lost. Everybody close to them was listening in including his two twin brothers, having a laugh.

"They're for you. Dress robes." Hermione said smiling from ear to ear. The people besides them laugh including Violette who tried to hide it with her chewing.

"Dress robes?! Seriously?" He mumbled the last part in a whiny tone and looked at the robe he's holding.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since it's inception." Professor Mcgonagall started explaining of the said ball to the many students in the room. "On Christmas eve night, We and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivoloty. As representatives of of the whole school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance."

The girls who were on the left started talking excitedly except Violette who had no interest in this activity whatsoever. The boys were the same when they groaned in frustration for this.

"Silence. The house of godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the cost of a single evening for snatching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons." Professor Mcgonagall warned them and everyone stayed silent. "and to dance is to let the body breeze inside every girl a secret slumber is longing to burst far in deep flight." She stopped talking when Ron Weasley spoke to his companion on his right.

"Mr. Weasley." Minerva called and Ron answered a faint 'yes' not wanting to meet her eyes.

"Will you join me please." She gave him no choice when she pulled him to the center of the room.

Violette silently laughed knowing what is going to happen so did Hermione when Ron had to awkwardly held their Professor's waist to demonstrate the formal dance. Harry spoke to the twins and laughed.