Chapter 10

Narrator's point of view

Violette took the box from the floor and brought it over her bed. She took the small card that was on it, her lips formed into a small and warm smile.

I went ahead of you and bought this lovely dress in France that I saw conveniently. They sent in letters about it and I just couldn't resist buying the dress. I love you and have fun.

-Your mother

She clasped her mouth and resist the urge to cry from hearing of her mother again. It has been so long since she knew that Scarlet might be lying to her. Violette didn't want to belive it but there was a part of her that was saying otherwise.

She opened the box and smiled, lifting it up and putting it over her body to see it in front of the mirror. It lifted her spirits up, she got so nervous when the ball was tonight and didn't have a dress yet.

It was a gorgeous, blue-ocean colored dress that would fit her perfectly than anyone. It matched her light blue eyes that would shine when she dances with her friend. Violette wanted her mother to see her in the dress she gave her. In ways, she would want to.

"That looks gorgeous."

She turned around and saw Hermione with her make up on and her hair up. Violette felt speechless at how beautiful the girl stood there in front of her.

"It's from my mom. Hermione, you look breathtaking." Violette smiled warmly and put the dress back down to her bed. She put her hands behind her back, restraining hereself from saying any more words that might scare her off.

Hermione blushed and mumbled a thank you before going to her closet and grabbed her dress. Violette's eyes went wide and scratched the back of her neck, realising of what's happening.

"I'll let you get dressed." said Violette who is flustered. "I'm going to ask Lavender a favour of doing my make-up." She excused and immediately left before Granger could see her redden face.

She calmed her heart-rate and smiled to herself before walking down the common room to see the girl's putting make up on each other by the mirror. She sat besides them and asked for that favour which they gladly wanted to do.

They spent an hour or two on making sure that Violette will be beautiful tonight. She is after all Cedric's date to this ball, a champion from the triwizard tournament.

Violette has enjoyed the night of preparing for the ball, talking with acquaintances who made sure that her make up would match her dress which Violette described in vivid details.

An hour has passed and it shocked Violette that it only made her laugh and thank the girls. Ron and Harry walked out the dorms making the Black smile.

"Don't you look dashing." Violette said and stood up when Lavender and the others let her go to get dressed. "You too, Ron." She teased the boy who looked ridiculous on his dress robe.

"Believe me when I say that I want to make fun of you as well but I can't when you look pretty, Violette." Ron growled and kept fixing his Dress robe that made him feel uncomfortable in his own skin.

"He's right. You do look beautiful." Harry said smiling at the girl who thanked both of them.

"Tha ball has started downstairs. I best I slip in my dress and see you both later." Violette said and the boys nodded. She walked past them to go back to her room.