Chapter 13

Narrator's point of view

"Where's Hermione and Violette?" Harry asked, slightly shouting over the huge crowds that surrounds them. All students and visitors went to the black lake where the champions will be doing the second task.

Ron shrugged, acting as if he didn't care and just watched from a distance of the champions. Dumbledore spoke and the cannon went off making them jump in the lake to find something or someone.

Cedric was so confused but never showed it. He usually looked for Violette in the crowds but he couldn't spot her and it made his mood died down. The Black always smiled and cheered for him once they see each other, Cedric in the middle and her on the crowd but this time was different.

He jumped in the water without even knowing that Violette is the one he's going to save. He looked behind him and saw that both Viktor and Fleur are struggling to swim down. It gave him an advantage and swam faster until he saw many sea creatures surrounding three people.

Cedric looked behind him one more time and swam faster, not knowing that he will win this task. He grasped his wand and shot the lead that was on Violette's ankle, he grabbed her waist and both swam up. The mermaid never bothered him because he did everything right.

Once they resurfaced from the water, everyone cheered and pleased to see Cedric won first. He looked at Violette and she was adjusting herself to breathe. Cedric helped her go back to the platform and many surrounded them with dry towels.

"Are you okay?" Cedric asked, towel around his body keeping him warm but not enough for him to stop shaking from the cold. Violette nodded, the shivering won't stop as she has been there for too long.

Harry and Ron all of the sudden went down to where Violette was and pushed through people to get to her.

"Who's idea was to do this in this season." Violette asked with her voice trembling from
the cold making Cedric laugh and nod.

"Violette, Are you alright?" Harry asked once they arrived close to her. She nodded with a smile and she just waited for Hermione to come back.

It's been many minutes but there was no sign for the other champions. Dumbledore looked nervous, their time is almost up but none was showing up.

The people who was watching cheered (mostly the boys and the durmstrang) when Viktor came up with Hermione breathing in a huge amount of air. Violette sighed in relief and clapped to lessen the tension.

"Violette!" Cedric called for her and she looked back to see Hermione being surrounded by towels and all. Once she saw that she's in good hands, she walked towards Cedric who was sitting down. "You should rest."

"Fleur is not here yet. What's going down there?" She asked in worry, taking a seat besides her bestfriend who covered her with another towel.

"Many merpeople are down there. I've never seen one before and they look intimidating. Fleur might have done something wrong for her to struggle." Cedric said whilst they stare at the water, waiting.

Many people started to die down their shouts when nothing was happening. Violette stood up and went to the very edge where Fleur is suppose to be. Worry in her heart, she searched for anything that might give her a sign. Gabrielle resurfaced and everyone pulled her back to the land.

"Where is she? Cedric?" Violette asked panicking when Fleur didn't show up. Gabrielle was shivering and kept asking on where her sister is and what happened.

Cedric dropped the towel that was on him and dived to the water making everyone gasp and some even shouted.

"Violette, stop." Hermione said holding her aback so she wouldn't do anything idiotic. The girl almost jumped in the water as well but Hermione stopped her.