Chapter 26

Narrator's point of view

Violette walked with Harry while they go to their Defense Against The Dark Arts class wherin Umbridge will be teaching their class for the first. They didn't know what to expect and clearly they were curious on what lies behind their classroom doors.

Once they arrived, She pulled Harry to sit with her seeing as she can't keep her hands to herself when she is around with Hermione. The boy got confused by her sudden action but did not complain verbally ofcourse.

"Do you think she'll be as good as Remus?" Harry asked while he settled down to his chair, the talks of their classmates errupting in the room.

"Nobody will be as good as uncle Remus, Harry. I wonder, where is he if he is not teaching?" Violette asked and the two are just as clueless as the rest. Her eyes wandered around the class and she could see Hermione looking at her secretly. It grew a grin on her lips and winked at her submissively and the girl looked away, flustered.

"Goodmorning children." Umbridge's high pitched voice spoke behind them and all fell silent, some going back to their seats. "Ordinary Wizarding Levels, Examination." As she spoke, she walked by the front waving her wand to the chalkboard which granted her wishes. "O. W. L's! More commonly knows as, owls. Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences well be severe."

The student looked amongst themselves, wanting to take a good laugh from her voice and poor choice of clothing. Umbridge waved her wand and the books started to scatter, passing by a row to give each of the students magically. While that was happening, they read the front and looked on the pages.

"Your previous instructions in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. Which you'll be pleased to know that from now on, you will be following a carefully instructed ministry approved course of defense of magic." Umbridge stopped talking when one of her students raised their hand. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." Hermione spoke of and it made their professor surprised.

"Using spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She chuckled irritating a few other people in the room.

"So we are not to use any magic?" Violette questioned who think this is an unfair teaching. If she didn't miss Remus then, she definitely does now.

"You will be learning about defensive spells, in a secure risk free way."

"What use is that if we're gonna be attacked, it won't be risk free." Harry countered and Dolores only turned her back as she spoke.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." She said finally and everyone including an annoyed Violette and Harry fall back to their chairs. "It is the view of the Ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which afterall, is what school is all about."

"How is theory going to prepare us for what is out there?" Violette asked, more determined to change this rule that won't be impacting their lives.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who would you imagine, would want to attack children like yourselves?" Umbridge held her smile.

Violette opened her mouth to speak, "Many are escaping Azkaban nowadays, what makes you sure that they won't go after us for being 'kids' in their youth?"

Many started to murmer of a certain girl who they haven't seen snapped in anger. Some were impressed by her sudden change in attitude.

"Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark witch is at large, once again. This is not our concern." Her footsteps were echoing in the class and stopped by Harry's side.