Chapter 32

Narrator's point of view

It's the last meeting for their practices since the holidays are coming aclose and people are also getting ready to go home. Violette couldn't do anything and even if she wanted to, Hermione wouldn't let her. Her wounds are all healed but the Granger is stubborn and protective of her.

Now, They were in the Gryffindor common room waiting for Harry to come back since he got to talk with Cho. Violette was holding a book while she had her feet up on a chair, the fireplace cackling making the room warm and comfortable for everyone. She didn't know but Hermione was looking at her from time to time in full admiration and would look away when she feels like she's been staring for too long.

Harry came in the room with a smile that made the three confused. He told them that he and Cho kissed which peaked Violette's attention. Not only because she thought that he likes Ginny, but because Cho and Cedric were kind of an item last year.

"Well? How was it?" Ron asked like he wanted to know how it feels. Which obviously made Violette laugh on the inside and looked at Hermione for a split second.

"Wet. I mean, she was sort of crying." said Harry who was sitting in front of them by the floor.

"Not about you, right?" The Weasley lets out a smile that teased Harry. Hermione looked at him in disbelief, not many knew that Cho loved cedric.

"I'm sure Harry's kissing is more than satisfactory." She said finally and Ron lets out a cackle of laughter and held it in. "Cho spends half the time crying these days."

Violette sighed and felt bad for the girl. She flipped through the pages and continued to read silently.

"Think a bit of snogging will cheer her up." The red head was oblivious of Cho's situation.

"Cho loved Cedric. He introduced me to her last year and only a few knew about them." Finally, Violette explained which made Ron feel bad. She remembered how Cho was nervous of meeting her because Diggory always talk fondly of his bestfriend. Violette assured her that she has nothing to worry about and just treat him nicely, which she did.

The boy shifted uncomfortably in his seat and mumbled words that probably apologized to Harry. The Black was getting tired and closed her book saying that she'll go upstairs. But to the three's eyes, they thought she was upset because they mentioned Cedric.

When she got inside, she had already changed her clothes and lets out a heavy sigh while flopping down on the bed. She hasn't thought about Cedric in a long time but even if she did, it would be a bad image for her to remember.

She turned to her side, bringing her blanket by her neck in cold. In honesty, she didn't feel tired. But she needed to find a way to get Cedric off her mind since it has been haunting her.

Hermione scolded Ron who already felt bad for being insensible. Once she was done, she followed Violette and carefully walked inside, locking the door behind her quietly. She lets out a small smile to see the Black who had her back face to her. She carefully went besides Violette and planted multiple kisses just below her ear making one sigh in relief.

"Lay with me?" She mumbled loud enough that it made Hermione nod, going in the same position as Violette and hugging her waist from behind.

"Do you miss him?" The girl whispered, her face just inches away from the Black's ear.

It brought chills to the one who has been the room first and slightly nod. "I do, I can't even think about him without seeing him on the ground and not moving. I hate it..."

With no knowledge of what to say, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?." She kissed the back of Violette's neck gently.

"My parents plan to spend the christmas in our house. We might not be going to the grimaulds this year." She informed, facing Hermione and their eyes met. The room was dark inside but they could see each other clearly, especially Violette's light blue eyes shining against the moonlight.

"Oh, I thought you will join Harry and the others there." Disappointed, she said.

"I thought so too." She sighed and studied every feature on the Granger's face, Admirint everything. "And you? Going back to the muggle world with your family?"

Hermione was planning on spending it with her since she assumed that she will be going to the Grimaulds with the rest of the Potter and Weasley this year. She smiled and nod, "Yeah. I'll be coming back a week earlier since they plan to ski."

"You don't like skiing?" Violette asked with a smile but Hermione could only chuckle and shook her head.

"I don't have time for skiing and travelling. Besides, It will be like a honeymoon to them." She joked and the two laughed, sharing a memorable moment.

Despite their awfully close figures, no one between them wanted to do something about it. They just needed each other's presence and to hear their voice, that was all. Especially to Hermione because she thinks that she won't be Seeing Violette for this holiday. Ofcourse, The Black family has always had their fair share of surprises. Especially Sirius because that man has a thing for seeing his bestrfriend's surprised face.

"Are you happy?" Violette asked out of no where which made Hermione worried for it. She frowned, holding her hand which rests in front of them.

"Ofcourse I am. Why? Is everything alright?" Her voice laced with worry of their situation. She doesn't even know what they are for that matter.

"Nothing. I just wanted to ask." Violette smiled, assuring her that everything is all right.
The muggle born leaned towards her face which Violette was more than happy to do so as well but the window tapped making them stop.

Violette sighed and stood up, walking her way to get the letter by the owl that was sitting just outside. She recognised it and suddenly felt the fear of what was the words written on the paper. Nonetheless, she grabbed it and tore it open besides Hermione who was already sitting down on the edge of her bed.

Little Black

How does many months of peace and silence applied to you? Certainly for me it's been hell of waiting. You haven't surrendered yourself to me and I am tired of waiting. So one last final warning, Violette. You seemed close to that Weasley family, It's only fitting that I hurt Arthur considering he is helping your parents find me. Time is ticking and who knows what damage have I done.

Violette's breath trembled, her hands shaking in fear of what Bellatrix could do to the people she cares about. The girl stood up not knowing what to do.

"I've read... We need to tell Dumbledore." Hermione said softly but also worried. She stood up and helped Violette wore her hoodie while they walked out quietly.

.