Chapter 16

Narrator's point of view

Remus Lupin had been granted permission to have a 2 days break from teaching. It was much more appointed to him that he should be the one to tell Sirius that he has a child from their former bestfriend. He waited in the Grimauld's place for quite some time, fondling with a cup of water that placed on the table in front of him.

He specifically told his bestfriend to come early because it's so important. Sirius Black got caught up with a thing that he almost forgot that he is suppose to meet with Remus.

Remus wanted to bring Violette so she can meet her father but Dumbledore couldn't grant her permission seeing as a tournament is on going and she still has classes to attend. Remus just promised to his goddaughter that he will soon meet his father when the time is right and well adjusted.

"Moony!" Sirius shouted in a graceful tone, his hands in the air like he's expecting a hug from Remus. However, Remus wasn't amused.

"Sit down, Sirius. We have much to talk about." The Professor spoke, seriously this time.

Sirius frowned and dropped his hands and went to sit down in front of him. Looking over his bestfriend with worry and curiosity.

"Do you remember Scarlet?" Remus asked, not missing on how Sirius reacted. He seemed taken aback and chuckled afterwards.

"Lily's bestfriend, she's always a pain in 4th year." Sirius chuckled, trying his hardest not to react. "Why? Have you seen her?" Hope filled his eyes.

"Padfoot, Let's not pretend on what happened between you two." Lupin sighed, putting aside his cup of water.

"It was a long time ago, Moony." The Black sighed knowing full well he is caught. "I loved her but she left without a word."

"She's back." Remus smiled, the memories of their friend group coming altogether.

"That is impossible." Sirius gaped his mouth open. The hope of seeing her again enlighten his heart and mind. His world coming back together just by hearing the news, but ofcourse he doesn't want to lose that hope.

"No it is possible." The man smiled seeing his bestfriend's smile widen in front of him.

Remus has never seen Sirius this happy for a long time. He had never suspected that him and Scarlet would date especially that those two would never get along. They kept their relationship so discreet that nobody knew except Dumbledore himself since he is so much like a father figure to Scarlet.

"Is she here? I need to speak with her." Sirius stood all excited but that was soon to be all crashing down for the bad news and the news of him having a daughter.

"There's so much we still have to discuss here. I need you to sit down and calm yourself first before we find Scarlet." Remus held his shoulder and pushed him back to sit down.

"Find her? You said she's here, Moony! That's all I need to hear! This is brilliant!" Sirius said excitedly but he could see the disappointment in Remus's face when they both sat back down. "Why? Did something bad happen?"

"Sirius, It wasn't Scarlet's choice to leave here. She was forced to leave."

"What?" Sirius exclaimed, confusion scrambled his face. "What does that even mean?"

"Bellatrix Lestrange threatened her to leave so you won't find happiness." Remus's heart thumped inside his chest, the topic of her goddaughter coming closer and closer.

Sirius, taken aback asked. "She threatened the love of my life just so I don't find a soulmate? She's one conniving little—"

"—Sirius." Remus interrupted before he could say anything worse. The Black's eyes narrowed to the man in front of him as a gesture to keep going. "Scarlet would never leave even if Bellatrix threatened to kill her. She had something of yours that both women knew you would die for before anyone could lay a hand on it."