Chapter 34

Narrator's point of view

"You don't understand, My mom and dad are getting married! Talk about not wanting to wait." Violette chirped inside the train compartment.

While Hermione and Ron is still in a prefect meeting about what to do and what not to do, Harry and Violette was talking about the events that occured these past 2 weeks. It was pretty much unbelievably happy for them, Especially to Violette who can't stop talking about her parents' engagement.

"Sirius has been boasting about the ring to me and dad. Sometimes, he almost proposed to Scarlet on the spot before christmas." Harry said lightening the small spaced cabin that they are in.

When the Potter's and Hermione came to Violette's house, that night when they were having dinner, Sirius went down on one knee and opened a black velvet box and inside was a diamond ring where he took pride on saving it up just for that moment. The only one who was extremely happy besides the newly engage couple was their daughter who had a huge smile the entire night.

"That's not even the best part, Vi. He also bought you one seeing as he will be forever tied to you and your mom." Harry said smiling, glancing at the silver ring that Violette wore.

The girl smiled and placed her hand in the air in front of her to take a good look of it. She felt overwhelmed by the gratitude of gifts that she received this past year. "They bought me millions of gifts and I was certain that they will all fit my bedroom not leaving me space to sleep." She joked which made her cousin laugh.

"I never got the chance to thank you for the gift you bought. Thanks, Vi." He said sincerely and the girl in front of him nods.

On the Christmas day, Violette and Hermione shared a room where her parents didn't suspect any of it since they got newly engage. There were only 4 bedrooms in the room. One for Violette's parents, James and Lily, Harry and Violette's room where Hermione slept. The two didn't complain and made up for lost time.

She still hasn't given Hermione her necklace, not finding a perfect time to do so, she decided to wait it out. It's little box was in her baggage, tucked in a secure place where no one would see even if they search it inch by inch.

The two cousins talked until they reach their stop, They met up with Ron and Hermione who was waiting by the platform for them. Violette went alongside with her girlfriend as they walk.

She would slightly lift her head up to admire Hermione's face which nobody noticed, ofcourse. It's nightfall already so everyone will be going to the great hall or going straight to the dorms to sleep. The latter was what Violette and Hermione did seeing as Ron was hungry and only Harry volunteered to accompany him.

Once they reached the dorms, Violette had a huge grin while she had her hands behind her back. The muggle-born could only eye her suspiciously with a smile.

"What's behind your back?" She questioned airily while walking towards the half-blonde who had a smile.

Violette took her hand out and showed her the box which she hand made it herself. Hermione smiled and looked up to meet the girl's eyes lovingly.

"I told you, you didn't have to buy me gifts." She said but took it, gently untying the ribbon on top of it. Her breath hitched when she saw how gorgeous the necklace looked. It's a white gold chain with a small pendant hanging on the end.

"I spelled it. Only those who I appointed can see what it really says." Violette whispered and took the box from out of her hands and threw it somewhere in the room. She clasped the chain in her hand and motioned Hermione to turned around so she can wear it for her. "It's blank for ordinary people. But look at what it really says." She said once the necklace was around the Granger's neck.