chapter 6

"I gave you one job Ms. Greene," says Snape as he paces back and forth in Dumbledore's office.

"Well, sir..."

He slams his hands down on the desk and I flinch slightly. I don't think I've ever actually seen Snape show his emotions like this.

"No! I told you what would happen if Potter left these walls! He was barely safe at Hogwarts, to begin with, but now you've not only let him leave but I was told you helped him leave! Exactly whose side are you on Ms. Greene?" I stand there stunned at first, but my feelings quickly turn to anger.

"You have some nerve asking me what side I'm on when you are the one who murdered Dumbledore!" I scream at him and I see what almost looks like regret pass over his face.

"Leave. Tell no one Potter is gone, we don't need any more rumors flying around."

I turn to leave, frustrated with everything and everyone.

"And Ms. Greene," I turn to look at him one last time. "You better hope Potter finds what he's looking for before your parents find him first."

I don't say anything and slam the door on my way out. Neville is waiting for me in the hall, but I'm really not in the mood to discuss anything. I have way too much on my mind. My best friends just left on an almost impossible journey. My own parents are the ones trying to murder Harry and I can't even warn him without getting more people killed. A war is going to break out soon and whether I like it or not, I'm going to have to choose. Until that moment comes I'm going to try and protect as many people as possible. I slipped an enchanted map I made in Hermione's bag before they left. It is supposed to help cover their tracks, so my parents won't be able to find them unless they just happen to stumble upon them. It only protects them from my bloodline, so I won't be able to find them either. I figured it was better that way in case I get caught or tortured at any point.

"Are you okay? Why did he only want to talk to you?" Neville hugs me and immediately starts with the questions.

"I'm fine and I'm shocked it took him a whole week to even realize Harry, Ron, and Hermione were missing." I'm pretty sure Draco had something to do with that, but who knows at this point. "He just asked where they were and I denied knowing anything." Gosh I feel horrible lying, but I've been doing a lot of it lately.

"It is strange, I thought for sure Malfoy would've ratted us out. And Snape believed you?" We start walk into the dining hall, but I am not hungry at all. We sit with Ginny who is looking awfully pale. She doesn't even look up from her plate when we sit down.

"Hi Gin, how are you feeling?" I ask, avoiding Neville's further questioning. She looks up at me and I can see the pain in her eyes.

"Not great, but I'm hanging in there." I can't stand seeing her like this, so I do the only thing I can think of.

"I put a protection map in Hermione's bag." It just comes out of my mouth. Ginny looks startled. "It's protective against..." I can't tell her against the Greene's because that will give everything away. "It's against any death eaters." I don't even think that is possible to do and they both seem to know that.

"How did you manage something like that?" Asks Ginny.

"It wasn't easy, but all I needed was one drop of death eater blood and it should protect them from all of them." More lies.

"Whose blood did you use?" Asks Neville. Draco walks into the dining hall and looks right at me. We haven't spoken in a week, since that night...

"Draco's blood," I say while breaking eye contact with him from across the room.

"I'm not even going to ask how you managed that, but it makes me feel better that you did. Thank you Liv." Ginny grabs my hand and squeezes it slightly. I give her a small smile.

"Attention." Everyone that is eating turns and looks up at Snape. He is getting way too comfortable in his new position. "The first quidditch match will be held tomorrow. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. I expect everyone will be there." For some reason he looks right at me when he says this. Does he really think I'm going to leave Hogwarts and risk my parents finding Harry through me? As much as I want to protect them all, I'm not that stupid. I guess playing some quidditch will get my mind off of a lot too.

"Well if no one noticed Harry missing yet they will tomorrow," says Neville and I sigh. Damn. I didn't even think of that. That sounds like a tomorrow problem though. At this point I'm exhausted and just want to sleep. I excuse myself from the table and walk out of the dining hall.

I walk outside and stand on the hill that overlooks what used to be Hagrid's home. I still can't believe Bellatrix and my parents were the ones to burn it down. It's crazy to think just last year Draco was the one to let them into Hogwarts and I was probably so close to seeing them for the first time in almost seven years. Sometimes I wonder if they would even recognize me. Do they even know a single thing about me? Like how I'm the best female keeper in quidditch this school has ever seen or how I managed to be the top of my charms class by the end of year one.

I lean against the giant stone where Hermione punched Draco square in the face. He deserved it, but it honestly made me want to punch her too. It was almost an instinct to protect him. I look up at the sky. There isn't a single star. Just darkness surrounding the full moon. I hear a stick break near by and grab my wand out of my pocket.

"Lumos," I whisper and walk towards the woods with my wand out. I walk further into the woods and hear another stick. I turn quickly and get a glimpse of some type of creature walking on two legs, but it definitely wasn't human. I feel my heartbeat quicken, but not out of fear. Excitement. I hear a rustling behind me and slowly turn around.

"Shit," I point my wand at the werewolf standing in front of me. I back away slowly and it growls at me. "Good werewolf..." I say knowing that won't do anything because whoever it is can't control themself, but I don't want to hurt them.

He pounces on me and I scream. I feel him scratch my arm and I scream in pain while struggling to grab my wand.

"Flipendo!" I hear a voice and suddenly the werewolf is flown into a tree. I am barely conscience at this point. The figure walks over to me and kneels down.

"No, no. Come on Liv stay awake for me. Please." My eyes flutter open for a split second and I see his platinum blonde hair in the moonlight.

"Draco.." was all I managed to mutter. I feel him lift me off the ground and he begins to run. My eyes flutter open and shut.

"I told you I'd always protect you Liv." Is the last thing I hear before I allow myself to close my eyes completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Kind of a boring chapter until the end I guess haha! I promise the next chapter will be super exciting and there will be some amazing Draco moments(:

Also I was wondering whether or not ya'll want any smut/spice in this book?? I'm fine writing it either way, so let me know your thoughts!

-Kiersten