chapter 13

The next couple days were full of stolen kisses and glances. Draco and I only hang out after dark for the most part, so we won't be seen. Ginny keeps questioning where I keep sneaking off to and she knows there is a boy. She just doesn't know who.

"Watch yourself Greene," growls Draco when I accidentally run into him. Ginny throws him a dirty look.

"Why don't you watch yourself Malfoy!" She shouts back and I laugh. Draco whips around.

"Why don't you mind your own business Weasley, perhaps you should be worrying more about whether or not your little boyfriend is still alive." Ginny gets in his face and I try to pull her back. That was super harsh and unnecessary of him to say.

"He will last longer out there then you ever would outside these walls without your daddy's protection!" She shouts. He gets closer to her and I see the wild growing in his eyes. I hate this side of Draco. I throw myself in between them before things get any worse.

"Walk away Malfoy," I say firmly. I look him in the eyes and I don't recognize him. This angry version of him that can't control himself. He looks me up and down and I see his eyes soften slightly. He turns angrily and struts away with Crabbe and Goyle close behind him.

I watch him walk away and can't help but feel hurt. Whenever he hurts one of them he is hurting me too and he needs to understand that. I look back at Ginny and she is still fuming.

"He should've been the one that got pushed off that tower," growls Ginny.

"Ginny don't say that," I say softly.

"What! It's true! He's been a jerk since day one and now he's just evil. A mini Lucius Malfoy." I frown.

"I wouldn't call him evil, but he is a jerk." She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Are you defending him?"

"No! Are you kidding me?" She shakes her head no.

"Whatever, I just hate him." I agree with her, so I don't raise suspicion. We make our way to defense against the dark arts class. Snape still teaches it even though he has other responsibilities now.

"Late as usual Ms. Greene and Ms. Weasley. If it happens again there will be consequences," says Snape as we rush into class. I catch a glimpse of Draco out of the corner of my eye smirking and take my seat next to Ginny.

"Someones in a worse mood then usual today," mumbles Ginny. I nod and look at the front of the classroom. The wardrobe is set up front just like from third year. I immediately tense up. Not the Boggart.

"Can anyone tell me what is in the front of the room," says Snape as he slowly walks up the aisle. No one says anything and he slams a book down right next to Neville who jumps. "Mr. Longbottom, care to share."

"I-It's the wardrobe, which contains the Boggart," stutters Neville. It is going to be awfully embarassing when Snape pops out of that wardrobe when it is Neville's turn. Pure torture, but I guess that is Snape's speciality.

"Your third year you were all introduced to the Boggart with Professor Lupin. Now, you are in your final year. You will face it again and see if you have overcame that old fear and developed a new one or if you are still scared of spiders like when you were thirteen." That was directed at Ron, but too bad he isn't here to be bullied by Snape. "Line up now."

We all stand and shuffle into a line. I am close to the front, sadly. When I was a third year I almost died of embarrassment when my mother came out of that wardrobe. I'm not afraid of her anymore, so I honestly have no idea what will come out of that wardrobe now. This class has always been a torture chamber.

A few students go ahead of me and a snake comes out and someone else had a dementor come out. Good thing most of us are all experts at Patronus by now. I could just fake an illness and leave, but a part of me needs to know what is going to come out of that wardrobe. I just wish it didn't have to happen in front of the whole class.

Neville is in front of me and stands in front of the wardrobe, wand out ready for whatever is coming. I hold my breath for him. The wardrobe doors open slowly and I hear that laugh.

No. No. No. I immediately go to stand next to Neville, but Snape puts his arm out holding me back.

"Neville Longbottom," Bellatrix Lestrange purrs his name and Neville just stares back wand out, but not saying anything. This is cruel.

"This is torture!" I scream and Snape keeps his arm across me, so I can't move. "Come on Neville, it's not real." Neville looks back at me and nods. Right before Bellatrix is about to pounce on him he points his wand.

"Riddikulus!" He shouts and Bellatrix turns into a little fly wearing a hat. I let out my long held breath and Snape moves his arm.

"Well done, Mr. Longbottom," says Snape and Neville squeezes my hand as he walks past me. Snape looks at me and gestures for me to move in front of the fly that was just Bellatrix seconds ago. I take a deep breath and walk forward slowly.

I grip my wand tightly by my side and wait. The Boggart begins to change and what I'm staring at confuses me at first. I hear the class begin to whisper and I begin to feel faint. This must be some sort of mistake.

I stare at my mum and dad. They are both holding a wand to Harry Potter's neck as he begs me to save him. I stand there in shock. I drop my wand and Snape rushes up beside me.

"Riddikulus!" He shouts. I turn and look behind me. Ginny and Neville stare at me with open mouths. Draco is looking at me just as shocked. Everyone is whispering. I grab my wand and rush through the crowd of students behind me and out the door.

I run down the stairs as quickly as I can and find an empty corridor. I fall to the floor and begin to sob uncontrollably. Everyone knows now. Everyone will definitely think I'm a traitor. Ginny and Neville will hate me for lying to them about the enchanted map and who it was really against. They will think I was protecting my parents, which I guess I was. I hear footsteps and quickly wipe my tears. I hold my wand up ready to threaten anyone who tries to come near me.

Draco turns the corner and I lose it. I begin to sob again and he comes over to me and sits beside me. He holds me and I just cry. When I finally finish crying he takes his hand and puts it on my chin forcing me to look at him.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I try to look away, but he keeps his hand on my chin gently.

"No, i'm not okay." I say a little too harshly. "I don't exactly want you comforting me right now either. You were probably happy to see Harry with a wand to his neck come out of that closet." He doesn't say anything. "You know what the worse part about it is? I couldn't even do it."

"Do what?"

"I couldn't say the spell. I couldn't save Harry and take out my own parents. I couldn't make a decision." He goes silent again.

"You can't expect yourself to make that decision Olivia. It's practically impossible. Plus it wasn't even real." I move away from him and look at him.

"No it isn't impossible. My parents hate me. They left me and Harry took me in. Harry is my family not Jillian and Robert Greene. It shouldn't be hard and one day it will be real," I say full of anger.

"They don't hate you Liv, they are your parents..."

"No they aren't, stop acting like you understand. Your parents still love you Draco. Your parents didn't kick you out of the house because you were a Gryffindor. You and your parents would celebrate if one of you killed Harry Potter! You made that abundantly clear today when you said it to Ginny! We aren't anything alike Draco!" I get off the floor of the corridor and storm away.

I don't hear him come after me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, Olivia's biggest fear just exposed her in front of the whole class. oop. i wonder how ginny and neville will react to that one.

-Kiersten<3