chapter 22

"Is it just me or is everyone staring at you?" asks Ginny as we walk into the dining hall. She isn't wrong. Everyone is either already staring at me or snapping their neck to at least get a glance at me.

"Uhm, no you are right. Everyone is staring," I say searching the room for platinum blonde hair. We walk towards the table where Neville is sitting with a bunch of other Gryffindors. I see Seamus nudge Neville when he sees me.

"Do you think they know?" whispers Ginny as we approach the table.

"About Remus? No, how would they have found out?" I say. I start to feel super anxious when I can't find Draco in the crowd and almost everyone is staring at me. Only Ginny and Draco knew about Remus and neither of them would've told, right? We approach the table and Neville stands.

"Is it true, Olivia? Tell me it isn't true," he says with worry written all over his face.

"Neville what are you talking about? Why is everyone staring at me?" I say truly confused and anxious for his response.

"You and Malfoy!" He says a little too loudly and I swear you can hear a pin drop in the room after he says it. I stand frozen in shock. Ginny is saying something to Neville, but I can't hear anything. My ears are ringing and the room starts to spin.

"Of course It's true! He threatened a bunch of us trying to find her and Seamus saw them sneaking into Snape's office before holiday!" says a first year Gryffindor.

"It's true and they didn't come back out for hours," says Seamus.

At this point the whole dining hall is staring and I can't take it anymore. I turn and run out. I keep running until I am outside under the dark night sky. I run all the way to the dock near the water and lean over resting my hands on my knees. I scream out and cry as loud as I can.

I knew things were going too well for me. Now, the whole school knows about me and Draco. Everyone will think I'm a traitor for sure. People have already been treating me differently since the Boggart incident in Snape's class. Now this and where the hell is Draco? Does he know? It is his fault we are even in this mess! I sit down on the edge of the dock and stare at the freezing cold water. What are we going to do?

No, what am I going to do?

Surely Ginny will never talk to me again. Honestly, none of the Gryffindor's will ever talk to me again probably. I've ruined my already complicated reputation. It is over for me here and now that everyone knows It will be over for me and Draco inside of these castle walls and outside of them. I know what his letter said, but it just isn't realistic. We have been careless and stupid.

"Olivia," I hear his voice and turn around slowly with tears still streaming down my face. He rushes toward me and I stand.

"They all know!" I shout and he reaches out for me. He hugs me and I fall into his arms sobbing.

"I know, darling." I pull away.

"You knew? Why didn't you come tell me before I walked in front of the whole school?" I yell and he takes another step towards me.

"I was trying to find you I swear. I didn't mean for any of this to happen Liv."

"Yeah, well it did," I say crossing my arms.

"Why are you acting like this is all my fault? You play an equal part in this relationship! This was your choice too!" He is raising his voice at me now and I know he is right.

"I know that Draco, but none of this would've happened if Cedric was still alive! You would still be pushing me into walls and calling me a mudblood!" I scream and my voice breaks on Cedric's name. He backs away from me and I can see the hurt all over his face.

"Are you saying you don't really love me? You were just lonely? Is that it? I'm just a warm body for your dead boyfriend!" He clenches his fist and storms off the dock back towards the castle. I sit down on the dock and just cry.

What have I gotten myself into? I didn't mean what I said about Cedric. Draco isn't just a warm body. I do love him and I can't imagine losing him, but I can't throw my whole life away for something that won't ever work.

I wonder if my mother and Remus had the same conversation their last year at Hogwarts. Maybe my mother is right. There is no future in this world for a Lupin and a Greene.

I wait until I know everyone is already in their beds to go back inside. I can't stand the stares. I know my face and eyes are bright red from the crying and cold wind. I open the door slowly to my room. I walk in and see something I don't expect. Her and Neville are pacing around the room. Ginny's head snaps toward me when I walk in and I can feel the anger in her eyes.

"Olivia," Neville starts, but Ginny cuts him off.

"No! Don't tell her. We can't trust her Neville," says Ginny harshly.

"Tell me what? Is something wrong?" I ask.

"You should already know considering you are dating the boy who probably did it!" shouts Ginny.

"Did what?" I ask. "I know you guys are angry and you have every right to be, but I truly have no idea what is going on!" I shout back. Ginny comes closer to me and gets in my face.

"I let you sleep under my roof. My family welcomed you with open arms and this is how you repay us," she says between her teeth and I back away. Ginny is much taller then me. I swallow my tears and anger down. "You should just leave at this point," she says backing away.

"Luna is missing!" shouts Neville abruptly. Ginny turns toward him with wide eyes.

"You idiot! Her boyfriend is the one who probably took her! Now we have no chance of getting her back, nice going!"

"Draco didn't take Luna!" I scream angrily. Now probably isn't the time to defend him. Plus I don't know if he took Luna or not. I don't think he'd do such a thing, but he is still a death eater.

"Oh yeah? Then why did her father come here earlier screaming about how she was taken to Malfoy Manor?" says Ginny and my mouth drops open.

"I didn't know, I swear," I say stumbling.

"Sure you didn't!" she says throwing her arms up in the air.

"Listen! Just because Draco and I are or were together doesn't mean I am working for Voldemort all of a sudden! If I was, I would've turned Harry in right away and not Luna!" I say.

"She has a point Gin," says Neville and I nod towards him.

"Fine, I still don't trust you but we have no plan or any way of getting into that house. It is filled with death eaters, so if you have a plan I'm all ears," says Ginny crossing her arms.

"I'm going to go to Malfoy Manor and save Luna myself. Draco will get me in, but it is too dangerous for more then one of us to go," I say.

"How do we know you aren't going there to get us captured too or something?" asks Ginny suspiciously.

"Ginny. I need you to trust me just a little bit if we are going to get Luna back." She sits down and nods finally.

Now all I have to do is go find Draco and convince him to get me into his house. That should be easy considering I just told him I wish we never would've happened.

Super easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! I updated early today yayy. I'm so glad you guys are liking this story. Your comments and votes make me so happy. The amount of reads I have when I just started this story two weeks ago is insane!! I love you all so much!

Also I am keeping a lot of the same story line from the original harry potter movies/books, but obviously there has been/will be a lot of differences as well considering I am putting my own character/story line into it!

-Kiersten<3