chapter 26

"I need to find Harry!" screams Hermione over the blasts. She is holding a map and Ron is with her. Seamus and Neville just blew the bridge up, which means Voldemort's army has made it through the barrier. I was helping Ginny gather medical supplies because Harry wouldn't let us help him find the last Horcrux.

"Can't you see him on the map?" I yell over the chaos. We are in a hall opposite the bridge, but It won't be long before death eaters start to flood the school.

"We just came from the chamber and he disappeared on the map. It is like he was walking then he was gone," says Hermione. Ginny gives me a panicked look and I honestly couldn't explain where he went. Usually, if someone disappears from the map they are dead.

"Wait, what's the one room that won't show on the map?" asks Ron and we all give him a weird look. "The room of requirement! He must have gone in there to find the last Horcrux! It is the only place that wouldn't show on the map," says Ron, and we all look at him in shock.

"You are right. Good thinking, Ron," says Hermione.

"I'm coming too," I say and I follow them down the halls. Ginny went to help Neville and the other Gryffindor's at the bridge. We run down the corridors and explosions continue to go off. Suddenly the whole floor is shaking and we stop running to keep our balance.

"The walls will hold right?" I ask. Hermione gives me a worried look.

"I sure hope so," she says and we keep running. We make it to the entrance to the room of requirement. I hear footsteps behind us.

"You guys go ahead, I've got this," I say. They disappear into the room and I stand waiting for whoever is about to come around the corner. My adrenaline is pumping and I can feel the excitement rushing through my veins.

A boy in an all-black suit and platinum blonde hair runs around the corner with Goyle and Blaise behind him. I hold my wand up and they stop right in front of me. The boy looks me up and down.

"Out of my way," he says.

"Why do you want in there," I ask with my wand pointing at him. He hasn't pulled out his wand yet, but Goyle and Blaise have theirs pointed at me.

"Potter has something of mine and I want it back," he says taking a step closer to me. I have seen him around the school, but I've stayed away from him my whole life. He's a Malfoy. I don't even know where I pulled that from, but I remember his parents hanging around mine growing up. The white hair gives him away. He has always been horrible to Harry.

"Well, you'll have to get past me first," I say and he laughs.

"Don't just stand there you idiots, get rid of her!" says Malfoy and Blaise shoots a spell at me. I block it then send him flying across the hall. Malfoy nods at Goyle and before he can even utter a spell he is laying right next to Blaise at the end of the hall. Malfoy turns to look at me with pure shock on his face.

"Anything you'd like to try?" I ask him and he picks up Goyle's wand shooting a spell at me. I don't block it completely and end up on the floor right in the room of requirement. I look around at all the junk around me and then Malfoy along with Blaise and Goyle are walking right in.

"Split up and find Potter!" shouts Malfoy. The two boys split and I get off the floor. My arm is bleeding slightly, but I grab my wand and send Malfoy flying right into a pile of junk. He starts to get up, but I am over top of him in minutes.

"Stay down," I growl at him and he puts his hands up.

"What is your problem? I'm just trying to get my wand back from Potter!" he says looking up at me.