Chapter 4. Choosing friends

Jason, Ryan and the other 3 girls followed the animatronics around the diner. They first travelled through the back stage which was full of props, spare lights and smoke machines. They avoided all of the crates and went through a door. The door lead to a small corridor, covered with drawings of the animatronics and families
over the years. One was a painting of the puppet and a young girl. The drawing was dated 1961. "Some of these pictures have migrated from the previous diner, Fredbears family diner. It closed down years ago because of poor working conditions and the lone animatronic went...... Haywire" Freddy said with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "What was the animatronic?" A young girl asked. "No one remembers it,but word is that it haunts this very diner!" Freddy said while pretending to be scary. The young girls curled up and let out a tiny squeal. "Just kidding" Freddy said. "He's long gone now." Ryan looked at Jason. Jason knew what just happened. "Sorry" Ryan said. "But you just said he. I though you said that no one remembers what it is." Freddy glared at him. "Let's keep moving" he said, changing the subject.

As they moved deeper into the diner, Ryan spoke to Jason. "See, I told you that this place is strange." Ryan said while dodging a cobweb. "Yeah, like what is this animatronic that's supposedly a he?" Jason asked, not really wanting an answer. "We'll, that's what we're going to find out." "How?" "We'll, when you get home, research ' 'Fredbears family diner' for me ok." "Sure, but can't you do it?" Ryan let out a sigh. "If you knew my dad..." "Who's your dad?" Jason asked. They turned a corner into a large room filled with tables and chairs. In middle was the puppet sitting on a chair. Ryan took a breath. "My dad's the manager of the 'Animatronic diner!" Jason stopped in his tracks. "Your dad owns this place?" Jason said ok awe. "Yeah, and the animatronics." "AWESOME!" Jason shouted in amazement. "But why are you here then if your dad owns this place, can you come here whenever you want?" Ryan sat down on a chair and mentioned Jason to sit next to him. "I can" Ryan said as Jason sat down. "But I want to make some new friends, it gets boring around here everyday." "I-I guess" Jason said.

The girls joined them as the animatronics made a circle. "So guys" Freddy started. "I though that for a treat, you can all talk with a different animatronic. You know, get to know us better." The kids looked at each other. "Think of this as VIP treatment!" The kids cheered and ran to an animatronic. A girl chose Freddy, the other two girls chose Bonnie and Chica, Ryan chose foxy. That left Jason with the new animatronic. "Sorry man" Ryan said. "You can be the puppets first friend!" He said with a smile. "And guys" Freddy said. "If you want, you can walk through the diner with your animatronic friend ok." The kids and the animatronics left, leaving Jason and the puppet alone. Jason became nervous for some reason.

The puppet stood up and looked at Jason. He seemed gentle and nice. The puppet approached him and raised his hand. Jason braced himself but he didn't need to. The puppet just ruffled his hair. "Come" the puppet said in an extremely human like voice. Jason's fear melted away as he followed the puppet into a different doorway. The one that said staff only!