14) The Boy

It about to be the weekend and I had just gotten out of school thankfully no one else tried to make friends with the weird guy who lives in a haunted house. I was riding the bus home because my dad was at work and my mom had a doctor's appointment, she had been having headaches alot lately so she assumed she needed better glasses. The bus stops at the same place it always did which was just barely beside my house as I walk the aisle to leave everyone is staring at me, then they glance to the house I can hear whispers being exchanged but I just ignore them, "Be safe." The driver mumbles once I'm off.
I walk into the house and look around I realize it's too quiet, a strange quiet. "Mom? Mom, are you home?" I ask walking into the kitchen toward the fridge for a soda. "Dad? Brian?" I continue to ask glancing around. I pop the tab on the soda grab my bag and head upstairs about halfway up I suddenly hear this blood curdling scream; a scream that made the color leave my face because I knew no one was home. Instead of running out the door like a normal person though I decided to go investigate. I discover the noise was coming from what would be the spare bedroom where Brian and his small family sleep I open the door and I see Brian on the ground curled in on Tyler he doesn't even notice me behind him, "Brian? Brian?! What the hell happened? Why did you scream?" He barely glances up I could see his face was white; it looked as if he'd seen a ghost, "Sh- Sh- Sh- she walked... Sh- Sh- Sh-" I couldn't get him to speak all he could manage was to sputter those letters, "Brian, what's wrong?" I tried shaking his shoulder. He gets up holding Tyler in his arms still, "Sh- she charged me... She fucking floated and charged me... Sh- Sh- Sh- Sh-..." That's when he stumbles into the kitchen and takes a seat at the table handing me the baby; I place him inside the high chair. "Who ran at you? Did someone break in? Is Tyler alright?!" I can feel myself getting worried, "He's alright, he's ok, he's ok. Something it ran at me; it ran at us when he started to cry... It scared the shit out of me... It was a someone I dont know I couldn't see a face I could only see a black form. A dress, a black dress with a cloak or something..." As I'm standing there drinking my soda leaned against a chair that's when I pull out my notebook, "If you can't explain it then draw it." He nods slightly taking the book from my hands.
It takes about ten minutes before he has a complete sketch of what he saw and it not only floors me, but it definitely assures me because this meant I wasn't crazy... This thing, this person was real. She looked like an older lady wearing a black victorian style dress almost 1920s style clothing, a black cloak covers her eyes but you can see her thin lips and they're half visible. It looks like she's wearing funeral clothing but I can't tell because the really scary part is the words he wrote at the bottom; what she had said to him, "I want the boy." I mumbled glancing up at Brian he's crying by now and still pretty scared I would have been too if she ran at me but she never did when I had seen her that night in my bedroom she merely held the box in her hands and for what I could tell stared at me. "What does she mean by I want the boy? Does she mean the baby? You?" I ask confused he shrugs, "I don't know, Kevin... I don't know. But Tyler is not sleeping in that room; we are not sleeping in that room ever again." He says shaking his head, "Do you think mom or dad will believe us?" I ask he doesn't say anything, "I don't know that either but I'm not staying in this house again." He says frantically picking up Tyler and quickly out the back door. I had never seen Brian afraid before of anything really but this... This was obviously becoming a problem. My dad has become an asshole more so then usual, mom is getting headaches more and now we got weird, dead old ladies charging at people I care about I don't know what we were gonna do but all I do know is: who is the boy?