25) Motel Six

The long desolate plains drive was just that lonely and depressing watching corn and trees run by us. Robert may have told us to get the hell out of his house but I couldn't help but feel what was happening was so utterly wrong. "How could that man be so stupid and so willful at the same time?" Jane asks pulling out a cigarette. I shrugged not knowing exactly how to answer her question, "I don't know, Janie. What I do know is this is wrong... Everything about it is wrong. They needed us but that idiot doesn't understand. Maybe if we... No..." I'm mumbling to myself. "What? What if we what, Kit? Robert isn't going to believe a fucking thing we say he probably thinks Kevin is just plain crazy but I know what I saw. I know that everything in that house was real... That house wasn't a home it was a prison." Jane says lowly taking a drag of her cigarette.
We get to a small Motel 6 outside of town it was growing dark by the time we got a room and unloaded our bags from the car. I threw my suitcase against the wall and laid down on the twin size bed closing my eyes just to escape the crap of the day. As I laid there I could feel I wasn't alone of coarse I was though Kit had went to grab something for us to eat because we hadn't eaten since that morning but I know something wasn't right when I could feel someone or something breathing on my cheek. I sit up slowly aware my eyes are still closed but someone was pulling me upward, "Follow me..." I heard her say. That voice was so fucking familiar that it was giving me chills because I knew that voice from somewhere but where? "What do you want? Who are you?" I whispered eyes still closed. "Help me, she won't let me leave. She wants him... To use him..." It was a girl or a young woman she was very insistent on what she was saying as well. "Jane... Please go back. He isn't safe there... Return." She whispers that was when I opened my eyes to find myself standing outside in the middle of the parking lot in the humidity before a storm. I glanced around confused and honestly afraid of why I was out here to begin with and how I got here. "Jane! Janie!" I hear Kit calling me I turned around quickly to be faced with my twin, "What the fuck are you doing? Why are you out here? What's wrong?" Kit asks giving me a once over to see if I was even comprehending what he was asking. "I... I don't... I dont know... She led me here. She told me we had to go back... They're not safe there." Kit touches my forehead and cheeks possibly thinking I've completely lost it I suppose. "I'm fine, Kit I'm thinking clearly more clearly than ever. The girl she said she couldn't leave because Melinda won't let her. Her mother is using Kevin's body and mind to finish her fucked up work. None of them are safe in that house, we have to go back." Kit watches as I gather our stuff and throw it back into the trunk of the car. "Janie, they don't want us back. Mr. Russel thinks we're fucking bat shit do you really think you telling him that the dead girl sent you back will change his mind?" I shrugged already in a hurry I could hear thunder in the distance. "I don't care, K. We can't leave Kevin like this... He doesn't have cancer it's just a facade it's to keep his will broken... To keep them flattened." I quickly add Kit's eyes suddenly go wide, "How do you know this?" He asks, "Because she told me... Lucy told me. We have to go back, Kit. We have to." I practically beg and snatched his hand dragging him to the car. "And if they won't let us back into the house?" Kit asks seriously, "I don't care, K something about this is horribly wrong. I don't care if Robert throws a bitch fit over this we need to help Kevin." Kit nods trying to understand what I'm saying; he finally sighs, " Alright, Janie. You go get ready and we'll go back... I hope your ghostly girl is right about this though." Kit adds grabbing the keys out of hi pocket and ordering me to get in the car.