Chapter 25 Back to Oranio

the festival was in swing as they arrive, many people asking if Hestia was good and Hesita said she was fine as everyone got along, dancing as Hestia tried to sneak something, but Merry telling her since she was in bed all day, she can help with the food as Hestia was forced to now spend the party time serving people, though she didn't entirely hate it as the other's enjoyed their time, having a blast, everything was going off without a hitch, smiles, cheering, and dancing, and after Hestia started dancing, everyone joined in, but then, Lina came about Caam's collapsing condition and they all rush back to see him, in bed, he id dying and there is nothing they can do.

Bell:" he's-"

Merry:" his condition was inevitable I'm afraid, he doesn't have long left"

Zack:" seeing an old man die even by old age is a bit-"

Caam:" worry not, I knew this day would come, the day my body would give out, no matter if you save my withering life now, it will only said later, don't cry for me"

his last breath's near, Hestia undoes her hair and holds his hand to comfort him, then as soon as he was able to see his goodness, he passed, Zack offered to help with his burial by putting him in his coffin, Bell dug the hole where he would be buried, and Merry made the tombstone fast, putting him to rest, the village cried as Bell, Hestia, Zack, Merry, and Ais paid their respect's to this old man and thanked him for his hospitality while they were staying and Bell found a place to look into the night sky as Merry and Zack found him with some drinks to talk.

Bell:"... we only knew him for about a day, and yet, his death hit us so hard"

Zack:" that's life, even if we don't know the people on a personal level or barely know them, when they die, it's always sad"

Merry:" but Zack, doesn't this remind you of-"

Zack:" mom and dad, yeah, we tried too hard, and yet, they still died, we were thrown around many time's and eventually had to commit crimes to feed ourselves by stealing food, then after a bit of time, I thought it was over for us, then, the Zeus familia took us in and look at us now"

Bell:" for the time our elder member's die, we will all be heartbroken"

Merry:" of course we will, but they wouldn't want us to cry over them, they'd want us to move forward with our lives and remember them in our hearts"

Zeus familia member:" that's right"

out of nowhere Hestia and the Zeus familia member appeared and they sat near them as they looked at the stars as well.

Zeus familia member:" Caam was a good man who was in the heart of many people in this village, heck, I am sad he's gone and he went in a pleasant fashion compared to my comrades back in the day... we live on with them in our heart's because so long as your loved ones remember you, you will never truly be dead"

Bell:" Hestia, do your think Caam gound his goddess in heaven"

Hestia:" hard to say, once a soul return's to heaven, it's turned back to a blank state, completely forget's everything, and is born again"

Bell:"... he loved his goddess, yet knew this would happen, isn't it only making it more painful when they leave"

Zack:" one can argue against that, but yeah, it's a sad reality that people will die no matter what you do, we're not immortal like the gods"

Hestia:" immortality is more of a curse than a blessing at times, I know a few people who suffered so much from their loved one's passing they'd almost completely lose it completely, Artemis for one, Atalanta, Chiron, Orion, Selene, Hippolytus, each of them she held dearly, and when they died, even with what the stories you think are true for the most part make you think of her, she cried and cried for them and was devastated by their death's"