Thirteenth

Thirteenth

It took us four hours to arrive at my parent's house. It should be just one and a half hour but it got extended by the traffic. The road is under construction.

As I move out from the van, fear ate my whole system. It's not about the threats for my life, it's about the familiar feeling that this house is giving me.

But that thing vanished as I saw my mom running happily to welcome me.

"My son!!" She exclaimed as she gave me a tight hug, I laughed with that and hug her back.

"I miss you, Mom" I whispered at her.

"Oh son!! Mom missed you too, and I am so worried. Are you fine?" She asked as she cup my cheeks.

I just smiled at her.

Physically I am.

"My beloved son" Dad's voice filled my ears, there he stood, stretching his arms like he's asking for a hug.

My heart's pace doubled. I feel scared again but I tried my best to brush it away. I walk towards him to give a quick hug.

"How's the trip?" He asked while slightly brushing my hair.

"It's fine Dad. But I'm a bit tired.. can we go inside first?" I asked.

I want to rest, my day started so bad. I feel exhausted already.

The moment my foot entered the front door, another familiar feeling broke my heart.

No, I'm not gonna cry.

I won't let things like this hurt me more, I should confirm everything first.

"Son, you look so stunned. Are you okay?" Mom's voice caught my attention. She's now standing beside me, looking so worried.

"Yes Mom, I just.. miss this place" I answered just so she would stop overthinking.

"I bet you're really tired, go to your room and rest a bit. We have enough time later" she smiled at me and I quickly nodded. I walk upstairs together with a maid who's holding my things.

As I enter the room, the scenes I saw yesterday plastered on my mind.

This is where Dad use to jail me, this is where Dencio and I planned everything. If all is real..

"Sir, if you don't need anything, I'll leave you now so you can rest" the maid stated and I quickly stopped her.

"Wait.. can I ask you something?" I'm hopeful to have this question answered positively.

"Yes, sir?"

"How long have you been serving here?" I asked.

"For more than twelve years, Sir"

Twelve years. I think it's enough to know someting.

"Hmm.. do you know someone named.. Dencio? Did someone named Dencio worked for my father before?" I asked without thinking twice.

I saw how her facial expression changed. I saw how her eyes widened. I saw the panic on her face. And yet..

"I don't know anyone with that name, Sir. If you'll excuse me, I have to go now" she answered and slightly bowed her head before leaving.