Fourteenth

Fourteenth

I immediately packed my things into my bag. I don't have my own car here but I think I can commute.

Or I'll call P'Mes or Chen.

Whatever will happen then be it, I need to go back. I won't get anything from here so might as well leave this place.

As I put my last cloth inside my bag, a stinging pain on my brain beat the hell out of me, making me wince in pain as I fall down.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I shouted so loud, trying to ease the pain that is attacking my inner head. It hurts so bad.

"Nine, why are you packing your things?" I looked at my mom who suddenly appeared inside my room. I stood up and grabbed my bag, determined to follow what we planned.

"I don't want to stay here anymore" I honestly stated, obviously choosing Joong over my family, over my mom.

"What do you mean? You'll run away with Joong? Am I right?" I heard sadness on her voice.

I nodded as a response. I won't use my mouth to confirm, I don't want to hurt her even more.

Sorry for being a selfish kid, Mom. But this time, I'll choose him. I'll choose my happiness. I'll free myself from sufferings, no one can do it for me.

She walked towards me and hugged me so tight.

"Be safe, Kornchid" she whispered to my ears that surprised me.

I expected her to stop me in doing this craziness. I expected her to inform Dad just so I won't escape here. I expected her to slap me just so I'll wake up.

"You're not mad?" I asked her, my mind messed a bit. Is it really happening? Am I getting my Mom's permission for real?

My heart badly wants to jump out of happiness as i think of that.

"I would be mad if you get caught and suffer here again. I can't stand seeing you suffer here. For now, I'll just hope that Joong will take good care of you" she caressed my back before holding my shoulders tight like she's about to say something very serious.

"Listen Kornchid, use my car so the guards will think that I was the one who goes out, okay? I'll stay and hide here so they won't notice. Do your best not to get caught. I'll be the one to handle your father later" She stated as she hand me her car keys, replacing my own key.

I stared at her in disbelief. My eyes are watering as I stare at her smiling face.

She knew what I'm gonna do tonight without me telling her, so she planned for my best instead. She made sure I'll be able to leave this hell.