20

Beyoncé | August 7th
Washington, D.C.

In the 4 days that I've been here, I was completely in shock every day. I'd researched it plenty of times and even watched YouTube videos on the experience but it was nothing like it.

I'd been to a party every night, all due to my roommate, Amani. She was gorgeous, she came from an Arabic family but she told me that college gave her a way to leave all that shit at home. When her parents weren't around, she was a complete American woman. She had all the connections here. If I was with her or even mentioned her name, I could have whatever hookup I wanted. All that in 4 days.

It was overwhelming but it felt good.

I had 2 classes and they were back to back so the rest of my time could go to whatever I wanted it to. I was majoring in Journalism and minoring in Business & Marketing as a backup. Ultimately I did want to own my own business. One day.

"Aye look! Going hard in the paint, catch it Bey!" Amani shouted, she ran into the room, tossing a football to me. I threw my phone down, catching it before it could hit me in the face.

"Girl you just almost killed me."

"Anthony and the boys are having a kickback tonight, you down?"

"I have class."

"No you don't. Liar. You've got morning classes which I don't understand but the kickback is tonight. You're coming."

"Is that a question?"

"Not anymore." She sat down on my bed. "Plus, you know my major is in sports anyway."

"What? Sports Management?"

"Yes. In an hour so when I get back I expect you to be ready, all dressed. And please don't fuck nobody tonight. I don't need another rando doing the walk of shame while I'm trying to sleep peacefully. Okay? Okay. Thank you."

The women here in Washington were completely different from the ones in New York. The ones here were straightforward about whatever they wanted. I don't go searching for women. Usually when I'm in these parties, I'm right behind Amani anyway so they come up to me and I kid you not, one of these women asked me "So you down to fuck or what?" like it was nothing. I told her what it was and she just shrugged, continuing to ask me if I was down or not. Well, I wasn't gonna turn down a good time.

When Amani got out of the shower, she had a towel wrapped around her hair and a toothbrush in her mouth. "Beyoncé girl, you got a tampon?"

I just looked at her before squinting my eyes.

"What?! You got one or not?!"

"Bitch please don't make me whip this dick out 'cause I'll do it."

"Yes we know dykeyoncé. I forgot for a second, lemme call my girl."

I laid back on the bed, scrolling through Twitter. When I saw Seven and her white boy whose name I'd learn was Matt kissing, I reported the post. I don't wanna see that shit.

Being broken up with Seven was one of the most freeing things. The only reason I didn't want to break up with her in the first place was because I felt like it wasn't my place. I was doing her wrong. That is, 'til I found out she was fucking a white boy behind my back. Dirty whore. So mad I didn't get no pussy from her. I was also mad that Kiyanne's her sister as well. That's some bullshit. So I stopped seeing her as well.