41

Beyoncé | 3 Years Later
Washington D.C.

"Mama catch me!" Adryan yelled as he jumped off of the counter.

I dropped everything I had in my hands and caught him before he could fall onto the ground. He was just laughing in my arms as my breath got caught in my throat.

"Baby boy please don't ever do that again." I held him tight.

"He will." Nika took him from me and started kissing his face. "You okay Bubba?"

"Him? Is he okay? You gon' ask him if he's okay and he just gave me a damn heart attack?"

Adryan was a hundred percent a mama's boy. He ran behind Onika and he did everything she did. They had a connection like no other. He followed in her footsteps yet adored me. He was just infatuated with the way I did things but he would never mimic them. Onika though? He had her every move down pact.

"Leave my baby alone. He just wanted your attention."

"I'm busy right now love." I kissed his forehead.

When he was born, my entire world turned upside down. He brought out emotions in me that even Onika couldn't and that was big considering I do not like children. But this man had my heart the moment I laid eyes on him.

"Tell Beyoncé she can come her scary ass in here." I heard Onika's voice when I opened the door to her room.

I walked in with the white roses she'd requested and she started to tear up. I placed them beside her on the nightstand and held her hand when she started to push.

She squeezed my hand like a mad man. Her screams were so loud I thought she was gonna burst my eardrums. When I looked over, Solange had her hands over her ears. Diamonté and Amani too.

Once I heard cried that weren't hers, she let my hand go exhausted and I wiped the tears off of her face.

The doctors took him away for a second which worried me but they came back and they handed him to her. She poked out her bottom lip when she looked at him, pushing all of that hair out of his face. That nigga hair long as hell to just have come out the pussy.

"He's so cute."

"Look at that nigga eyes babe." I pointed and she slapped my hand away.

"Stop. They'll change when he's around 6 months."

"They still big."

"Beyoncé."

"I'm just sayin'."

She handed him to me. I was so careful with holding him, I didn't wanna drop him. I didn't wanna do anything to hurt him.

"I love you boy." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

I have never felt like this in my life. I couldn't take my eyes off of him, he was gorgeous. I knew it wasn't much right now but he looked just like his mom.