Inktober Day 5- Frog

These days, Patton had a problem. Honestly, it was a problem he had always had, but normally ignored. Now, he was scared to ignore it.

The problem was alone time.

As much as Patton had extroverted energy, how much he loved caring for his kiddos, how he never seemed to tire of hanging with the others, he really did. Because despite how much he hated it, he was an ambivert.

Being an ambivert made life extremely difficult for himself, because he found it impossible to say no. Like today for example.

That morning, Roman had approached him and asked him to give the actor tips on a new piece he was trying to perform. Patton had no problem helping, and spent about an hour giving the other advice and just generally complimenting him on his portrayal. He was quite happy when it was over, and decided to reward himself by baking some cookies.

The kitchen was of course right in the center of the household, which meant it was directly connected to the living room, where someone was always bound to be. Today, it was Virgil and Remus, going against each other in an intense game of Mario Kart, with Janus off to the side offering none to helpful commentary.

"Excellent job avoiding that blue shell, Virgil, I mean, it's so difficult avoiding the ones thrown by the AI. I'm amazed you didn't allow it to knock you into 4th place."

"Shut it Snakey, grab a controller and join or shut up. Otherwise I'll have Remus shove his in your mouth to keep you quiet."

"Oh Virgey, if you want us to indirectly kiss you could just say so," Remus cackled, removing a corner of said controller from his mouth where he had been sucking on it.

"How were you even playing- oh forget it."

Patton couldn't say he minded the background noise, as it was a bit more entertaining than his playlist. Plus, he could keep them from biting each other's heads off when it got too intense. Or rather, shout out a pun that made them all forget the argument in lieu of commenting how awful a joke it was.

The cookies finally finished, and just as he was pulling them out of the oven, he felt it happen. His human interaction meter had run out. Suddenly, doing anything besides huddling in his room watching shows by himself sounded unappealing. The last time he had tried to push through on a day like this, he had ended up turning particularly... froggish. To be fair, he had been dealing with a much more serious issue then, but ever since it happened, he couldn't help but worry it would happen again.

Luckily, he had nothing else he needed to do for the day. So, after setting the cookies to cool and grabbing one (maybe two) for himself, he headed off to his room to avoid social interaction for maybe just a little bit. It wasn't that he wanted to, it was just how he was feeling. And he knew that was something he couldn't change.

He set the cookies down to cool atop his nightstand, taking a second to grab his laptop and start browsing Netflix for a show. Before he could make a selection, however, a sharp knock came upon his door.

"Patton?" a voice called from the outside.

Internally, Patton let out a groan, But externally, he let out a chipper, "coming!" and moved to open it, checking that his smile was in place first.

On the other side of the door stood Logan, who adjusted his glasses before speaking.

"Ah, Morality, sorry to disturb, but I was working on Thomas' calendar for the week and feel as if I'm forgetting something. I'm sure it's written down somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Would you mind helping me?"

And of course, Patton couldn't say no.

"Sure thing, Lo!" he stepped out of his room, shutting the door and his view onto the two perfect cookies, instead moving down the hall to look through 12 different notebooks for a single line of data. Why Logan had 12 different notebooks no one knew. He said there was a system of organization to it, but no one had bothered to ask what it was. They didn't want their ear talked off for two hours.