3 - Wanna See Some Real Speed, Bitches?

I kind of dug our house quarters.

Green was definitely my colour and the dungeons were certainly chill.

Shame the same couldn't be said for my dorm mates, however.

If I had thought Draco Malfoy needed reigning in, it was nothing compared to Pansy Parkinson's personality.

The girl never stopped talking. Her voice was shrill and sometimes it actually sounded as though someone was scraping their nails down a chalkboard.

And to top it off, she seemed to have some sort of obsession with me, skipping around and acting like we were besties all because she passed me the gravy on that first night.

I found myself getting up early in the morning just to avoid her. She was so keen to please that I was actually beginning to get embarrassed for the girl.

Classes were cool; my favourite being Potions. This was mainly due to the Potions Master though, who seemed to treat us Slytherins favourably, unlike the Gryffindors whom he actively loathed.

Draco was beside himself with glee when, during our first lesson, Snape called out Potter on being a fame whore.

At one point, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were actually rolling on the floor in tears of laughter after Neville Longbottom accidentally threw a potion over himself causing him to break out in boils.

"Did you see the fat lump's face?" Draco cried, tears still rolling down his cheeks as he regaled the story to me later that night in the common room. "He looked just like his toad!"

"Yeah, Drac, I know," I muttered, lazily turning a page of my magazine, "I was there, remember?"

"Oooo, it was funny though," Pansy agreed eagerly as she skipped over to uninvitingly squeeze herself down onto the sofa between us.

"And perhaps that stupid Mudblood will finally stop putting her hand up in the air," Draco scoffed, the bitterness in his voice evident, "Who the hell does she think she is anyway? Thinking she knows more about magic than the rest of us. Wait until my father-"

"Look, Drac," I sighed wearily, tossing my magazine to the side, "as much as I'm sure your father will appreciate the essay, I've heard it enough times already. So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get my beauty sleep."

Draco blinked up at me. "But it's only eight o'clock. I thought we were going to work on that Transfiguation homework together?"

"Oh, I'll work on it with you, Draco!" Pansy trilled, excitedly picking up her bag and instantly beginning to pull out her books. "You can help me with the Potions one too while we're at it!"

"Fine," Draco grumbled up at me, looking less than pleased at being bailed on, "but don't think you can copy off me in the morning."

*****

I copied off him in the morning.

He didn't really seem to mind due to the excitement of having our first flying lesson coming up that very day.

"Did I tell you about the time I flew so high that I almost crashed my broomstick into a Muggle helicopter?" he bragged whilst covering his scrambled egg in brown sauce.

"Uh huh," I muttered, not really listening as I turned his Transfiguration essay over to copy the other side.

"Another centimetre closer and I could have lost my head," Draco continued gravely, leaning across to pour me some pumpkin juice.

"Pity you didn't, Malfoy!" A snarling voice spat from above us. "It would have made a vast improvement on your looks."

My head shot up, glaring at the red haired Gryffindor who had happened to been passing by the table.