7 - Drakie

"You smell nice."

I rolled my eyes as Pansy sidled up close to Draco. I pressed myself into the window, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

I looked to the other side of the compartment where Crabbe and Goyle were both gormlessly sat, taking up the entire seat between them.

"New cologne," Draco drawled smoothly, "Mother says it's top shelf stuff. Cost an arm and a leg, of course."

I closed my eyes in embarrassment for him. He was trying way too hard and I hated it.

Pansy, however, didn't seem to think so and actually swooned.

"Well, I'm sure it's worth every Knut," she simpered, giggling slightly as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Ugh," I spat, trying to fight the red mist that had descended down over my vision, "I swear, if you two start kissing I'm getting the fuck out of here."

They jumped slightly apart, both of them looking up guiltily at me as if they had forgotten I was ever there.

Draco stood up, awkwardly driving a hand through his hair, his cheeks a high colour. "Umm, I think I might go and chase up that trolly. Come on boys."

He beckoned to Crabbe and Goyle who both immediately jumped to attention without question.

"Fucking whipped, the both of them," I muttered drily after the compartment door slammed shut behind them.

Pansy just looked across at me, frowning.

"What's up with you?" She asked, confusion flitting across her pug like features. "You seem so- I don't know... grumpy."

I released a heavy sigh, wishing she would just do something useful like drop dead.

Before I could explain I was just born that way, the train came to a juddering halt and the lights went out, plunging us into complete darkness.

"What's going on?" Pansy cried fearfully, her voice filled with instant panic.

"The end of the world, hopefully," I muttered, straining my eyes to try and see if I could see anything out of the window.

"Oooo, I wish the boys were still here," Pansy's voice trembled pathetically, "this is too scary!"

"Pfft, I'm sure it's nothing, Pansy," I snorted derisively. "And why the fuck do we need them around? You've got a wand haven't you? Light it if you're so flipping scared of the dark."

Why Draco wanted to stick his tongue down this bitch's throat, I'll never understand. She was a complete embarrassment to the entire female population.

But before Pansy could locate her wand, the sound of the door opening filled the compartment followed by Draco's panicked voice.

"D-Dementors!" He cried breathlessly as if he'd been running. "On- on the train. They're coming this way!"

Pansy started wailing hysterically and I wished the lights would come back on so that I could slap her.

"Shhh, it's alright, Pans," Draco's voice soothed gently, "I'm here now."

Ugh, I wanted to throw up.

We all went quiet, trying to listen out for anything sinister. But Pansy's whimpering was the only sound we could hear.

Finally, when the train's engines started up again and the lights came back on, I was horrified to see Draco and Pansy clinging tightly onto one another.

But not as horrified as I was by what came out of Pansy's mouth next.

"Oh Drakie, my hero!"

Someone pass me a fucking hand grenade.

*****

The first time I witnessed them kissing was on the second evening, after I walked into the common room when everyone else was still at dinner.

Everyone, that was, bar Draco and Pansy, who had both been mysteriously absent.

It was sausage and mash and I really couldn't stomach it, so I abandoned it early and made my way back to the common room, hoping at least Draco was there.

And he was. But he was somewhat unavailable to hang out due to the pug sucking the life out of his face.

It was the most disgusting sight I'd ever seen, and this is coming from someone who has walked in on their mother doing something questionable to the local butcher. ("He was just letting me sample his new range of sausage, dear.")

Draco was sat on the sofa with Pansy on his lap, their arms wrapped around one another as  these awful sucking, slurping noises emitted from their entwined mouths.

My stomach gave a horrific lurch and I went to turn around to get the fuck out of there before I threw up.

But Draco must have sensed me, which was quite amazing really considering how into this newfound hobby he seemed, and there was a sound like a plunger being pulled from a plughole as he extricated himself from her face.

"Blaire!" He panted, his voice oddly strangled and hoarse. "Shit, we thought everyone was up at dinner."

I couldn't help but notice that his eyes were dilated and swirling; almost as though he'd been feasting on an extremely delicious ice cream sundae.

I couldn't believe that Pansy was making him act this way. And I suddenly hated her for it; hated her for stealing my best friend and turning him into something he was not.

"I wasn't hungry," I muttered, wondering if I'd ever get my appetite back after this.

An awkward silence fell between the three of us, broken eventually by Pansy's nervous giggle.

"I told Drakie we should have gone somewhere more private," she tittered, idly playing her fingers through his hair as she looked over her shoulder at me; her eyes shining in delight, "but you know what he's like."

Draco's face coloured and I noticed he couldn't look at me.

For the first time in my life I realised I wanted to cry; that no matter how much I despised myself for it, the tears were building up behind my eyes and were getting ready to make their humiliating escape.

"Whatever," I muttered, already turning on my heel as a horrible heavy feeling mounted in my chest.

It wasn't until I reached the safety of the dungeon's girls toilets did I allow my tears to silently fall.

*****