62 - I'm Yours

The shit really was about to hit the fan.

Because there, in the centre of the drawing room where Draco had just been summoned by his aunt, stood Potter, looking as though he'd been competing in a Muggle duel with Mike Tyson.

And lost. Terribly.

He flinched as his father hurried to his side, pulling him eagerly towards Potter; trying not to gag at the stench of wine on his breath as he begged him to identify the prisoner.

"I- I can't be sure," Draco muttered, desperately stalling, looking anywhere but at his old school rival.

Because there was no doubt in his mind that it was Potter. And if he got caught now then it would all be over; a question mark above his and Blaire's future that he was so determined they would have together.

It almost seemed as though they were going to be saved from summoning Voldemort, but then everything went wrong when his aunt decided to go crazy over some sword and started torturing Granger.

And, as a fucking chandelier crashed down upon his head (Potter using the opportunity to snatch his wand right out of his hand); Draco once again found himself drowning in the depths of despair.

******

Fuck this, I thought as ear piercing screams and horrified yells echoed hauntingly within the Manor's vast walls.

Thinking quickly, I threw on the Death Eater cloak I'd worn on my way into this place and marched out of Draco's bedroom; wand aloft and poised at the ready.

I strode down the landing with confidence, adrenaline masking my fear. It wasn't difficult to know where to go; just follow the screams.

As I descended the stairs, I noticed a crowd of Death Eaters and Snatchers all gathered in the hallway below; each and every one of them distracted by the commotion coming from the open doors of the drawing room.

The cloak enabled me to blend in as I shouldered my way through the spectators, thanking Merlin I wasn't a short arse.

Finally, I managed to reach the front of the crowd blocking the doorway, and as I peered into the impressively large drawing room, I had to stifle a horrified gasp.

For, pinned to the floor, was Hermione Granger; screaming and wailing in terror as Bellatrix Lestrange appeared to be cutting deeply into her arm with a shiny blade.

And everyone was just watching. Including Draco, who was stood by the fireplace in between Narcissa and Lucius, looking white as a sheet.

I tried to think quickly; but it was difficult with all the horrifying sounds around me. If I drew my wand on Bellatrix in front of all these Death Eaters then I risked getting us all killed.

But if it was Draco being tortured like that, I knew I'd do it without a second's hesitation.

So, with a racing heart, I raised my wand- ...and got barrelled aside by Harry Potter and Ron Weasley who jumped into the drawing room like a couple of Power Rangers, zapping everyone left right and centre.

I mean, I had to admit - it was pretty cool.

The Death Eaters and Snatchers who had been watching, all ran for their lives like the cowards they really were, leaving me standing alone out in the hallway.

So, shrugging my shoulders, I positioned myself just behind the door and helped Harry and Ron out by trying my best to parry the hexes that were being thrown at them.

But unfortunately, it seemed Bellatrix had gotten the upper hand when she held a dagger up to Hermione's throat.

I managed to conceal myself outside in the hallway behind the door, my chest heaving heavily as I tried desperately to think about what to do next.