15 - The REAL Hogwarts Champion

"Wait until my father hears about this!"

"Chill, Drac," I said, rolling my eyes as he angrily kicked the sofa.

It hadn't been a good night for him. Not only had our disappointing hero made champion, but so did also Cedric (which I have to say pleased me to no end) and Harry Potter.

"How the fuck does he even do it?!" Draco spluttered, throwing himself down next to me and huffily crossing his arms. "Every bloody year he has to make a scene about something. Was it not enough that he had a murdering godfather after him last year; now he's claiming someone else is trying to kill him?!"

"Well, it's either that or Potter managed to hoodwink one of the most powerful wizards of all time." I shrugged, turning a page of my magazine whilst simultaneously wondering if Cedric was going to be wearing a special champion's outfit.

"You know what, I'm not going to stand for this anymore," Draco bristled, "I'll make Potter pay for trying to steal all the attention again! Even if it means showing my support for Pretty Boy Diggory."

I released a heavy, wearied sigh; closing my magazine and tossed it down onto the floor. "I'm off to bed, I've suffered enough excitement for one night. Whatever you're planning, don't involve me."

But Draco barely acknowledged me; and I could almost hear the cogs whirring behind his dancing silver eyes as an idea started to form in his head.

The following day, he was nowhere to be seen; and so I could only assume he was working on this 'plan' of his. And sure enough, as Monday morning rolled around, I found out exactly what had kept him busy for an entire Sunday.

"What the absolute fuck, Drac?" I sighed exasperatedly as he showed me the contents of his school bag.

Gone were his books and other items he would surely need for classes; instead, it was filled to the brim with large circular badges.

"Good, aren't they?" he drawled pompously as he smugly tapped the one pinned to his chest. "Took me all day, but I reckon I've made enough for the entire school to each wear one."

"Well you could have saved yourself some time and made one less," I muttered, holding up a badge just as Cedric's face vanished from it, to be replaced by the words 'POTTER STINKS', "you won't catching me wearing this shit."

A look of hurt rippled across Draco's pale face as I threw the badge back in his bag with an air of contempt.

"But I'm supporting Diggory," he pouted, "I thought you'd be pleased."

"Pah!" I scoffed, shaking my head, "don't make out you're supporting him for me. Not when you're clearly only doing it to get further under Potter's skin."

"I'll wear one, Drakie," Pansy simpered, coming up behind him to snake her arms around his waist. "I'll wear anything for you."

"Cheers, Pans," Draco said drily, his steely eyes piercing accusingly into mine. "Nice to know that some people have got my back."

"Oh grow up, Drac," I sniped, picking up my own bag, ready to depart for breakfast, "you know I've always got your back; which is why I'm telling you to drop this embarrassing obsession you have with getting one over on Harry Potter. But whatever, you just go on ahead and make a fool out of yourself yet again."

I turned around and left, leaving him spluttering wordlessly behind as Pansy continued to hang off of him.

*****

It seemed, however, by the time Potions class rolled around, that Draco and Pansy had managed to persuade the rest of the Slytherin house to pin those atrocious eyesores onto the front of their robes.