17 - I Just Want Your Extra Time And Your...

Cedric and I fell back down in our seats, sweaty and breathless.

"Who knew ballroom dancing could be so flipping exhausting," I puffed, fanning my flushed face with a napkin.

"You were pretty good, though," Cedric said smoothly, his grey eyes creasing up in his smile. "Are you sure you've never done that before?"

"I just pick things up easily," I shrugged, languidly tossing the napkin down to coolly inspect my perfectly manicured nails.

"And yet you don't play Quidditch?" he asked, his voice a tone of surprise. "I reckon you'd give Malfoy a run for his gold on the broomstick, you know. Maybe Slytherin would start winning a match or two then."

"Quidditch is Drac's passion," I said at once, feeling a flicker of irritation at the dismissive way Cedric was talking about him. "And he's an amazing Seeker. He just gets... distracted sometimes."

I didn't add especially where Harry Potter was concerned.

"It's not exactly a good trait to have when you're a Seeker though," Cedric chuckled softly, "although, if you were to be up there riding a broom, then the Snitch would be the last thing my eyes would want to seek."

It was unfortunate that it was at that exact moment I had just taken a huge swig of Butterbeer; because instead of swallowing it down, I ended up spraying it everywhere.

"Shit, sorry," I drawled, lazily wiping my mouth with the back of hand as Cedric jumped to his feet, quickly patting his dress robes down with a napkin, "didn't mean to get you like that."

"It's okay, no worries," he said quickly, a pink tinge rising to his cheeks. "Serves me right for using such a cheesy chat up line."

"That was on purpose?" I asked, my jaw dropping open in bafflement.

"Yes, well you're beautiful, Blaire," he said, sitting back down and leaning across the table to clasp my hand in his. "Literally every person in this room can't take their eyes off of you; if not out of desire, then out of envy. I feel like the luckiest person here tonight."

Butterflies took flight in the pit of my stomach, and I found myself coyly biting my lower lip as he stared hypnotically into my eyes.

"Let's go for a walk," he continued, his thumb sweeping across my knuckles, making my skin tingle pleasantly. "Somewhere where we can be alone."

He didn't have to ask me twice; I nodded, getting to my feet. He kept hold of my hand, leading me across the hall as he navigated our way past the tables, through crowds of dancers, and out into the chilly night air.

A mixture of apprehension and desire coursed through my veins as we walked the fairy lit pathways amongst the topiary bushes.

It was a cold evening; our breaths thick and visible in the air. I didn't realise I was shivering until a robe was draped around my shoulders.

"Better?" Cedric asked, not looking in the slightest bit cold himself despite being stripped down to his shirt. In fact, he just looked hot.

"Much," I smiled, closing the Hufflepuff's robes tightly around me; trying not to sigh at the scent of him surrounding my body.

Fuck, he smelt good.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked quite suddenly, his voice so husky it was almost a purr.

I looked up at him, startled; the question hanging in the air between us.

His grey eyes pierced mine and I suddenly found his hands on my waist, pulling me close to him.

"I really like you, Blaire," he breathed as he brought up a hand to trail a single finger down the side of my face.

As his finger reached my chin, he tilted it up and slowly lowered his mouth down to mine; lips brushing sensually against lips.

My breaths quickened along with my heart rate as he lingered, his eyes looking intently into mine; waiting for my consent.

I'd barely finished forming the word yes when he pressed his lips firmly against mine; forcing them apart at once, taking the lead just like a ballroom dance.

A low guttural moan rumbled in the back of his throat as I responded with surprising ease. And then, as though someone had flicked a switch, our mouths started working at a frenzied pace; lips, tongues, teeth attacking.

I was shocked by my body's reaction; by how much it hungered to be close to Cedric's. Hands were everywhere; nails clawing backs and fingers tangled in hair as though we were taken over by some sort of animalistic urge.

But despite my yearning for this, despite how much I was enjoying this feeling of complete bodily surrender; my mind was screaming something else.

Stop.

I pulled back, breaking the kiss; our breaths laboured as we fell apart.

"Sorry," I gasped, bringing my fingers up to my tingling lips, "it's just... I-"

"Hey, it's okay," he whispered reassuringly, bringing his hands up to tenderly cup my face; grey eyes searching mine in concern. "That was amazing, I promise you."

I didn't know if my heart or lungs would ever return back to normal. And not only that, but despite my hesitation, I had the strangest desire to press my lips up against his again; to explore that same surge of emotion that had just frightened me not but a second ago.

As if reading my mind, Cedric closed his lips back down on mine, making me shudder in response. This time he took it slow, teeth and lips grazing gently as his tongue slipped its way slowly in, dancing tentatively against my own.

Time lost all sense of essence; and when we eventually broke away, my lips were numb from feeling.

Cedric Diggory had not been wrong when he said it would be a night I'd never forget.

Because, for the first time in my life, the fire inside of me had been lit.

And it wasn't about to go out anytime soon.

******