35 - The Elephant in the Room

The train slowed to a stop as we reached Kings Cross station.

Draco and I exchanged a tight, uneasy look.

Although we had remained in the compartment together for the rest of the journey, playing game after game, hour after hour; there was no denying that there was something new in the atmosphere between us that certainly hadn't been there before I rodeoed his cock.

All I kept thinking, as we sat alone in that locked compartment, was that we could be fucking in a matter of seconds if I wanted. All I would have to do was lean across the seat and close the gap. There was no doubt in my mind he would eagerly respond like he did the other night.

Throughout the journey, my eyes constantly lingered upon his lips, remembering them on mine; kissing me hungrily, groaning with longing into my mouth.

I would watch his fingers as they deftly dealt the cards and remember how they had touched me, expertly bringing me to the peak of pleasure.

And every now and then, I would allow myself a stolen glance down at his crotch and recall how glorious he had felt inside of me and how our sweaty bodies had moved together.

It made concentrating on the card game very difficult indeed.

If Draco noticed any of this, he didn't say. But then again, I didn't say anything when I noticed the way his eyes, too, lingered upon me; and the way his tongue would sweep across his upper lip whenever he glanced down the length of my body.

The night we fucked was the elephant in the room. And neither of us were willing to bring it up through fear of shattering our much cherished friendship.

"Well, this is it," Draco sighed heavily; seemingly reluctant to get to his feet. "I suppose we better go and find our trunks before the train takes us back."

I was half tempted to suggest we just stay put and ride the train together for the rest of our lives.

But instead we found ourselves pushing up through the corridor, staying together as we collected our luggage, relief flooding me upon discovering that Pansy had gone from the compartment and had not waited fretfully for me to get back from my seven hour shit.

Stepping out onto the platform, we turned to one another, and an awkwardness once again descended upon us.

"Blaire," Draco began, looking anguished, "about this summer-"

"It's okay," I said at once, knowing exactly what he was going to say, "you don't need to explain. It's not exactly practical me staying at yours what with everything going on."

"I just don't know what it's going to be like at home," he said apologetically. "Mother sounded extremely anxious in her letter, and I need to step up now that my father isn't there."

I nodded, letting him know I understood. I was disappointed - of course I was - but a part of me was relieved too. It had been tough-going in that compartment, and I didn't know how I would be able survive a whole two weeks of that kind of tension.

"You will be okay, won't you?" I asked, suddenly feeling anxious for him.

He swallowed, nodding his head. Something flickered in his eyes and I couldn't quite work out what is was. Apprehension? Fear?

I couldn't help it; I instinctively reached out and took his hand in mine, giving his fingers a reassuring squeeze. I was desperate for him to know I cared so much, and this was the only way I could think to show how.

He looked surprised at first; startled by my gesture. But then all of a sudden his face softened, and he pulled me to him, his arms wrapping around my middle as he held me close. I found myself instantly sighing into him as the familiar scent of his cologne invaded my nostrils and the strong steady beat of his heart could be felt beneath his chest.