57 - His Place

My heart was in my throat as I fumbled around for my wand.

There was no chance of being able to Disapparate due to restrictions placed upon registered buildings and homes, but I could still defend myself.

People were running around screaming and racing for the exits as the Death Eaters began grabbing seemingly random people and dragging them away.

"THE EXITS ARE SEALED, TO RUN IS FUTILE!" Boomed a deep amplified voice around us. "AND ANYONE WHO TRIES TO RESIST WILL BE KILLED ON THE SPOT."

"Oh, shit," Dean breathed, his chest rising and falling heavily as we looked down at the chaos from the mezzanine we were on, "I've heard about this, I thought it was just rumours though."

"What are they doing?" Neville hissed, also reaching in his pocket for his wand.

"It's like an initiation for new recruits," Dean said darkly, "apparently they raid nightclubs and choose their 'prey' to take back with them where they... you know..." he grimaced; unable to finish his sentence.

We all watched in horror as a nearby Death Eater grabbed a screaming young girl in a figure hugging black dress and dragged her away from her crying friends. ("You'll do nicely, pretty.")

Neville went to raise his wand, but Dean hurriedly stopped him.

"Don't, you're too drunk," he warned, holding his arm down. "Your aim will be weak and they'll kill you. It's exactly why they target nightclubs."

"But we can't just stand here!" I said, utterly aghast. "That poor girl looked terrified!"

"Providing she's not a Muggle-born, they'll probably let her go... afterwards."

I felt a wave of sickness low in my stomach. So Death Eaters were raping people as part of some sort of sick ceremony.

"Shit," Neville said, "stand back!"

But it was too late. One of the Death Eaters on the dance floor who had yet to pick their prey looked up.

My insides turned to liquid as the glint of eyes through the slits in the mask zoned right in on me.

We stood frozen in horror as the Death Eater strode immediately across the club towards us; feet clattering on metal as he ascended the staircase.

"Don't, he'll kill you," I hissed, pushing down Neville's arm so that his wand was lowered from view.

And then the Death Eater was upon us, grabbing my arm and pulling me roughly against his chest as he expertly disarmed Dean and Neville at the same time. I thanked Merlin I'd thought to quickly stuff my wand down my bra. If he took me, I could get him with it the second he turned his back.

But then a familiar scent hit me. Startled; I looked up into the grey eyes behind the mask and realised now that I knew this person.

And I knew that cologne.

"It's one I put on for love making."

Revulsion flooded me.

"Cedric?" I gasped, shock making me forget my fear.

"The one and only," he smirked behind his mask in his sickeningly smooth silky voice. "After all this time, I finally get to teach Little Miss Prick Tease a lesson."

"I swear to god, if you don't let go of me now, Cedric; I'll kick you in the fucking nuts." I snarled, getting my claws out ready to attack.

A roar of muffled laughter emitted from behind his mask. "The thing is, Zabini; the feistier you are the more exciting it is for me. Makes it more of a challenge, you see. And I love a good challenge."