6 - R.I.P. Brylcreem

I stayed at Draco's again for the last half of the summer.

We spent my entire stay in the treehouse, even sleeping there. Lucius seemed less adamant on having family meals at the table this time around.

I'm not going to lie, I was glad. I liked that man even less after what he'd done to the Weasley girl. We still occasionally joined Narcissa though, who liked to make us pancakes in the morning.

Sleeping in the treehouse with Draco meant that I got a treat on the second to last morning.

We'd pulled an all nighter on the PlayStation, both of us falling asleep on the beanbags mid game.

I came to, peeling a sticky mars bar wrapper off of my face. I drowsily looked over to where Draco was gently snoring; slumped back ungainly against his beanbag and controller still in hand.

"What the fuck is with your hair?" I asked when he finally lifted his head, blinking open his eyes, his expression sleepy and disoriented.

His normally golden slicked back mop was now tousled lazily over his brow, the colour less golden and more of a white-blond.

"Brylcreem must have worn off," he muttered, running his fingers through it, causing it to flop back down even more messily upon his head.

When he was in the shower I snuck into his bedroom and located the large pot of hair cream upon his bedside table.

I tiptoed out, taking it with me.

"Zabini!" I heard him loudly holler ten minutes later from inside his bedroom, "give me back my Brylcreem!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I called back as innocently as I could.

Seconds later he came storming into my bedroom, his hair looking soft as anything now that he'd washed it.

"Nice hair," I smirked from where I was sat on the end of my bed, holding up the red pot in my hand, "looks much better without this crap."

"I LIKE THAT CRAP!" He bellowed, furiously striding across the room towards me.

I jumped up before he could reach me, laughing as I dodged past him and ran for the door.

"Oh no you don't, Zabini," he seethed behind me, hot on my heels.

He chased me down the hallway, skidding and sliding close behind me as I practically flew down the stairs and across the entrance hall towards the front door.

But he managed to reach me before I got there, tackling me down to the ground as I laughed helplessly, refusing to yield my hold on the pot of his much loved hair cream.

"Give it back, Zabini," Draco demanded, his voice sounding almost like a growl as he pinned me down on the floor with his weight.

When he failed to prise it from my grip, he decided to start tickling my sides instead.

"Stop!" I gasped between helpless laughter, "don't- please- I- give- in-"

He paused, his silver eyes flashing wickedly down into mine. "Give it to me, then," he ordered as his chest rose and fell heavily above me.

"You look better without it," I pouted, reluctantly handing it back to him.

He didn't immediately get off of me, instead continuing to stare down into my eyes, a look of confusion flickering across his face.

"Draco?" I murmured, wondering what was wrong with him.

Just then the doorbell resounded loudly around us, causing Draco to start before hurriedly scrambling off of me.