𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
───── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ─────
Prologue

1886

Y/N HAS DECIDED NOT TO STAY IN the Basilwether estate just like Tewkesbury has offered her after their sweet little moment. The girl made quite the fortune when she began a shop herself in London. Making dresses here and there, inserting little notes to layers of petticoats about promising themselves to fight for what's right when the time comes.

She and Tewkesbury had a plan to start a project about that. They planned to bring it up to the parliament, and there's something stopping them from doing so. The favour and the votes of the lords and everyone in the country.

What if they think it's unruly and unnecessary especially when 40% of the women, even some men didn't even get to cast their votes the last time.

"Y/N, the young lord has sent another gift for you. That's the third time this week. He's truly smitten!" Y/N's assistant appeared in the doorway of her bedroom, holding a small cream box with an exquisite lace to secure it. She handed it to the lady who smiled brightly as she took it.

"Thank you, Laville," she said as she untied the knot. Upon taking the lid off, she saw a slightly thick parchment folded in half with a simple necklace that sparkled under the light of the chandelier hanging above her.

L/N took the paper first and started to read.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Dearest Y/N,

Come to Basilwether tonight. We have a matter to discuss. Oh, and I hope you like the little gift. I made it myself. My instructor told me it isn't perfect, but I will improve. See the crooked edge of the chain? I'm going to make a better accessory for you next time. I promise.

I'm desperately hoping for you to wear it tonight along with your best dress. I'll be thinking of you.

Yours,

Nitwit

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

The girl chuckled and shook her head at his silly nature. She took the necklace and gave it a light peck before putting it on. What a wonderful gift it was — although imperfect, it was the thought that counted the most. Y/N called for her assistants to help her get ready for the night.

Layers and layers of heavy fabric wrapped around her body. As the finishing touches were made, the dress made her nothing but a flattering lady in front of a clear mirror, sides embedded with golden plasters.

"Laville, have you ever wondered about reaching the stars?" She asked. What a question it truly was.

"No, miss. I don't think I've had enough time to wonder about something of pure fantasy," her assistant mumbled as she took the papers wrapped around her hair to reveal a perfect curl. "But what made you ask?"

"Chocolates," Y/N simply replied with a smile towards her companion.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Arriving at the estate brought back memories that she doubts she will ever forget. The girl looked around and exhaled sharply, rubbing her back shamelessly. Y/N stretched her legs along with her foot in an unlikely manner. Suddenly, Tewkesbury appeared, running towards her and giving her a tight hug. The boy pulled away and grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it.