𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xviii. Blood, Sweat, and Tears

Y/N USED LISETTE'S LACE TO tie her up so she wouldn't be a problem once she wakes up. Then, she and Tewkesbury headed downstairs to see everyone. Lord Theron had knocked the man he was fighting to the floor as they all continued swinging their swords, slashing flesh after flesh, blade after blade.

After the coast was clear, they all gathered. Lord Leucrion helped Guineviere up as they finally professed their feelings for each other and sealed their words with a kiss which is no surprise to anyone any longer — excluding the young man Enola had by her side..

They were way too obvious. Lord Theron and Lord Allistair woke Lord Barron who asked a thousand piles of queries. Enola and her escort were injured, evident with their cherry red blood seeping through their clothes.

They all gasped for their breaths as they sighed happily, pulling each other in an embrace. "We've done it!" Y/N cheered.

"We did." Enola said as she panted.

Everyone else nodded with beads of sweat staining their foreheads. "Who is this, Enola?" Guineviere asked, referring to the boy in a scruffy outfit.

"Casius Carter," he said and held his hand out for her to take. Viere shook his hand and winked at Enola.

Holmes rolled her eyes. "This is why you shouldn't be here in the first place." She said to Casius.

"Is this romance brewing?" Lord Theron taunted.

"I am stuck between killing for it or refusing," Casius replied and turned to Enola who scoffed with a bright pink tint on her ears.

They all laughed until it was all cut short.

They heard a few claps right there in front of them. "Amazing performance." Sir Whimbrel said, striking his palms together, creating a sound that echoed throughout the edifice.

Lord Cosko stood behind him, staying silent. Ashamed to finally face his daughter and their supposed companions whom he betrayed, he looked down in shame before fixing his gaze to create perhaps just a faux perspective that he was not afraid.

But how horrible would falseness do against the guilty truth?

His daughter's eyes bore into his as she looked at him furiously without any more trust. This hurt him, but whatever he did, he knew he pledged to be loyal to the King. He had no other choice.

"You found out about our plans and managed to stop our allies, but not us. Impressive, but not quite. What are equal rights going to do to the country? You're fighting for a pathetic change that does so little."

Everyone dispersed from the small formation and prepared their weapons. Tewkesbury took a sword that caught his eye. Y/N prepared the dagger in her pocket. They all stared at them, determined and vexed.

"Was that supposed to scare us?"

"From the looks of it, you are scared. You're just extremely good at being a liar and a traitor. You're not as brave as you think you are. Ordering your men to fight for you before you, yourselves grow some balls. How cowardly."

"You were always a stubborn, insolent child. Go ahead and try to kill us! Let's see who wins — "

"Can you please just stop talking?" Lord Barron asked. "Let's get this over with. You're going to pay for what you made my son to be."