𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xiii. Espionage

ONCE THEY ALL SAT for dinner in silence, Y/N started a conversation which was a signal for her three allies to back her up. "Does anyone wish to come with us on our trip to France?"

"France sounds lovely," Enola said.

"I do have fondness with their lovely architecture. Mother would love a sketch of her old school," Guineviere followed.

"I'll go anywhere with you," Tewkesbury stated as he raised his goblet, slightly twirling it with a cheeky grin. Y/N hid her laughter while the Lords raised their eyebrows.

"I see French ideas do bring people together," Lord Leucrion remarked. Guineviere chocked and the ithers only snickered.

"It depends on the idea." The marquess answered. "French execution, French Revolution."

"French K — "

"Lord Leucrion, if you aren't too busy, will you come with us to France?" Guineviere asked. He smiled at her with joy lit on his eyes.

"As long as you're there," he answered making the Lady of Castalene scoff playfully at the platitude.

"What about you, Lord Theron? Lord Allistair?" Enola asked. They both nodded and laughed.

"My, I have business there with Sir Bordeaux. Of course!" Lord Allistair said.

"And you, Lord Cosko?" Y/N asked, arching an eyebrow. He cleared his throat.

"I have to politely refuse, Young Y/N. I have business somewhere else." He plainly replied.

"And where would that be?" She dabbed the napkin around her mouth and placed it next to her plate, clasping her hands and giving him a curious look. "We can't have fun without you. As Lord Leucrion here said, France brings people together."

Guineviere kicked Leucrion under the table in secret, offering him a smile once he yelped.

"Plus, I heard you love Notre Dame. We could visit that." Y/N persuaded.

"I really can't." Lord Cosko answered.

"Father, why not?" Guineviere asked. Y/N looked at her as she gave her a knowing look.

"I have business, Guineviere." He said.

"But father, I must protest. You — "

"Not now in front of our friends, dear."

"This! This is what I hate the most about you! You never have time for me! If you can just tell me where you're going and why, I would understand. It's as simple as walking under the sun, Father!" The lady shouted making her father slightly shift in his seat from embarrassment.

"Why don't you just tell her, Cosko?"

"Very well. It's an urgent business. I have to go back to Castalene and talk to some of my companions about the new project of the new landmark for our estate." He said.