𝐱𝐢𝐯.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xiv. The Meeting

ONCE THEY GOT TO CASTALENE with the help of a worker that decided to help them with their mission, it's time for phase three.

"How do we get our disguise?" Y/N asked.

Everyone looked at Enola who only smirked. "Be thankful I'm your ally. It's my best skill."

They all laughed.

Paying for the disguises and swapping clothes, they felt comfortable again. Y/N was actually liking this gardener outfit.

A guy about her age kept looking at her to which Tewkesbury noticed. He cleared his throat and looked at him up and down before gently turning his partner to face him.

"Hold still," he commanded as he placed his hand on her face, his thumb brushing the spot on her cheek with a stain of dirt. "Breathtaking."

"What?" Y/N scrunched her nose.

"You are perfection itself yet I simply find it most unpleasant when you're being admired by another," he whispered silently only for her to hear. Her eyes darted to the young man a few feet away from them, picking up the origin of Tewkesbury's apparent jealousy.

"You intend to gatekeep me then?"

"If that's the only way to restrain my desire of knocking a man out cold."

Y/N tipped her toes and gave him a light peck on the lips before turning to her friends, ignoring the peering man who had gotten the message as he accepted his loss of the staring competition with the marquess.

"Time for phase four. I don't know how we do it, but we have to get ourselves inside without being suspicious."

"I think we should split up." Guineviere said.

"A well idea."

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Y/N's feet dragged her to the kitchen to see a lady rushing things. "There you are! Give this to the lords immediately. We don't want a cut from our salary. My children are in need of what I need. Now, go!" she exclaimed, handing her the tray of hors d'oeuvres.

'Oh, these are appetisers. They're probably just about to start,' she thought. The girl cautiously walked out of the kitchen to the dining room. Her hands started shaking as they began to feel cold. Her feet felt heavy like she's walking under the sea with an anchor strapped around her ankle.

"What are you doing, boy? Come here and give us our appetisers!" Tewkesbury's uncle commanded. She walked up to them, giving them their dishes in haste.

"Do continue your report, Lord Cosko."

"The girl and her companions are on their way to France. They left this early morning. It buys us more time to plan what to do with Y/N and the young lord."

Tewkesbury's uncle, Sir Whimbrel, grumbled and took a deep breath. "Just as I feared. The two have reconciled."

"Indeed."

"Then we'll have to retreat to the other plan. Kill them. Spare my nephew for a while — he is to be married after all. Once he does, his power increases. Not only will he have control over Basilwether, but Deliarine as well. After that, we will kill him. Then all is back to normal." Whimbrel said.

"What is my advantage?" Lord Cosko asked.

"About one-quarter of the land I inherit, of course."

"And the king?" He asked. With that, the doors flew open as a man in a dark robe embellished with gold to the corners of his clothes came as if in disguise as well.

"My name has been spoken? Greeting, gentlemen. I had to clear my schedule for today to come here. I expect a good and well-reserved plan. I'll have my men do them without any hesitations." He said immediately and straight to the point. Y/N left the room and hid behind the doors to listen. She spotted her allies nearby and invited them to come.

"Your Majesty," they all greeted.

"Yes, the plan, of course.

First, we move the voting next week after my nephew's wedding to secure the vote of anti-feminism.

Second, we prepare our men to for the assassination while the wedding takes place.

Third, at the parliament, in the house of the lords where we make our vote, we kill them.

Our main objective is to kill Enola Holmes and Y/N L/N. Spare Lady Guineviere, but you have to make sure, Lord Cosko, that she doesn't tell anyone. Mould her mind. Threaten her if you have to.

Fourth and the last, Arrest Sherlock Holmes and sentence him to death for a crime that we will stage. He is a great detective. He can easily find out and will be persistent on this case because it is his sister that we are going kill.

I believe Mycroft Holmes is nothing to be worried about. He's not as brilliant in cases as we all might think." Sir Whimbrel said.

The King raised his eyebrow in consideration and sat down on his assigned chair. "Brilliant. Brilliant idea indeed, but I need something more specific than that, Sir Whimbrel."

"How are we going to kill them in the damn parliament?!" The highest ranking man in the room yelled causing the group outside to slightly jump and clutch their heaving chest.

"The private box seats, Your Majesty. Lisette is the most excellent archer. Moreover, she was insistent on being the one to kill Y/N. Jealousy is a lovely weapon. Pathetic, but useful. Elliot, Lord Barron's son has also insisted on killing Enola Holmes. Then, that's when your men comes in to act and pretend to assassinate the lords."

The young four furrowed their eyebrows and looked at each other. "Did he really just say Lisette is the most excellent archer?" Guineviere asked, whispering.

"Seriously, Viere? We're all hearing how we're going to die, and you care about how he said Lisette is the most excellent archer?" Enola asked.

"It's offensive." Guineviere replied and shook her head in frustration.

Y/N and Tewkesbury couldn't speak. They were processing everything that's happening. Does he really have a way out of that marriage?

"What are you all doing standing around? Move!" A servant yelled. They all got put of the way and ran away. But before Guineviere follows her friends, she took one champagne glass with full sparkling water in it and drank it.

"Ooh, that tastes like strawberry. Sorry, by the way, we'll work in the kitchen now. Bye!"

And there they go. They now knew of the plan and the people who they should and shouldn't trust.