𝐱𝐢𝐱.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xix. Curtain Drop

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Y/N NEVER REALLY KNEW HOW mad Lord Leucrion can be. He took the dagger from her grip and swiftly threw it straight to the King's chest making him fall.

Not even a tinge of guilt was seen in the lord's eyes as he rushed to Guineviere, touching her shoulders and carefully turning her around just slightly to not add more pressure to the arrow behind her.

The girl's breathing was twitching on and off as she looked at him. Guineviere pushed a smile and held her hand up to wipe the tears that were trickling down his cheeks.

"Unfortunate, aren't we?" she whispered.

"Our life is a compilation of mishaps, jeopardy and unfortunate events, Guineviere," He said and kissed her palm.

"Do you promise to stay with me? Value me as much as I do value you for as long as we can?" he asked.

"Promises are nothing but glass-like words, Crion."

"Stay for me, please."

Guineviere tried to laugh, "If only I could."

Y/N sniffled and kneeled beside her. She hugged the Lady of Castalene. "Don't go."

"That choice is out of my hands, darling." She heard her answer in a very quiet and barely audible tone.

Lord Cosko couldn't do anything but watch and silently weep. He was filled with regret that he couldn't even dare face his own daughter.

As Guineviere lost her strength, she put her hand back to her chest which Leucrion held as she looked at the ceiling. "It was still a victory, sister. Be happy for what you accomplished. Not what you lost."

Guineviere's tears started to escape her eyes. "Tell my father I forgive him."

Those were her last words before letting her eyelids drop, welcoming the dark void that peacefully appeared. Guineviere's lips parted slightly as she lost everything.

There they sit, holding the lady's lifeless body. The house of the lords was silent until Lord Leucrion sobbed loudly, "no."

He held her close to his chest, embracing her tightly, slightly rowing back and forth as he mourned for his lover.

"You're not going," he demanded. He clutched his side which had a deep gash. He started to pant heavily.

"Are you all right?" Y/N asked, her eyes widened. She saw the wound. She swore she did.

"I'm fine, Y/N."

Suddenly, a few people and two women in uniform came rushing to all of them. They all checked their injuries and gave them their first aids. Lord Barron was rushed outside where a lot of people saw and witnessed how they all fought.

Y/N and Leucrion continued to hold Guineviere. L/N then felt the lady's finger twitch a bit. She frowned and gave the lord a look.

"What?" Lord Leucrion asked.

The girl lowered her head to Guineviere's chest. There she heard the beating of her heart. Unstable and slow, but she's still alive.

This gave her goosebumps as she quickly stood up. "I need medical help over here!" she shouted.

Lord Leucrion finally got what this is about. He also leaned his ear on her chest and heard her heartbeat.

She's alive. But barely.

She has a chance.

"Medic!" they both screamed. Several women came rushing towards them, taking the lady of castalene somewhere outside to rush her to the nearest infirmary.

Lord Leucrion couldn't stand up. He groaned and clutched his side again. One of the women noticed this and rolled her eyes.

"For God's sake! Why didn't you say anything?!"

Tewkesbury then appeared next to Y/N. He joined her as they watched their allies being taken care of.

"The King died so easily." He mumbled.

"Proves that the one who's at the top isn't always the best." She replied.

"Hey, Y/N?" — "Yeah?"

"I love you." — "I love you too."

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

The Minister has finally declared the win of the Women's Equal Rights Reform with the help of Y/N and her allies

The people of their country have never felt so disgusted that their own leader is a tyrant after all. They have put their faith in the small group of L/N's companions.

The Queen has rewarded each and every one of them positions in the kingdom to which some of them refused. Tewkesbury, Y/N, and the lords didn't want to upgrade. Except of course, Lord Barron. Who had become a . . . Baron instead of just being a plain house representative.

Unsurprising.

He's now Baron Barron of Ferdonia.

Enola has become one of the ladies as blessed by the queen herself. She gave her a land to which she called 'Astralis'. She used her power for the right things and as for the search for her mother, . . . which shouldn't be hard as they finally saw each other and all is well.

Casius has become a knight just like he has always dreamed of.

Lord Cosko — or Cosko, had his title removed from him and his land is finally in Guineviere's hands who is yet to wake up from the infirmary. Her mother left the country when she found out, leaving behind everything and everyone. Guineviere isn't that lucky, but at least she has her companions with her.

Y/N's mother has finally returned. It was a good thing indeed. It was new again yet so familiar to Y/N. All this time without her mother, she has learnt her independence when it came to her feelings, but mother's love? Now that's something she'll forever long for.

It turns out, she and Eudoria have been working with each other for a revolution which their daughters fixed immediately.

"Look at the women you two have become."

Now, they're all settled. Tewkesbury's mother finally met Y/N's and let's just say they have become the best of friends along with Eudoria.

When Enola's mother met Casius Cartier, she knew she's going to like him very much but still acted intimidating.

To put it simple, everyone finally met everyone.

Lisette was exposed and was demoted from her title. She was sent to France into jail along with Elliot whom his wife despised so much to the point that the girl didn't even acknowledge him as her husband.

The King was dead. He was buried in the Royal Tomb to which many people found disgusting, but didn't address that much anymore. Sir Whimbrel had passed away as well and was buried somewhere in the Tewkesbury's tomb like the young marquess had requested.

And there you go, a mixed ending.

But wait . . . there's more.