𝐱𝐯𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xvi. Unexpected Save

THE CHURCH FELL SILENT as the girl furrowed her eyebrows and ran back down to the aisle then outside where people cluelessly watched her, asking themselves why.

Tewkesbury sighed in relief as he stared at the priest who stared back at him as well. He cleared his throat and bravely faced his guests with his puffy red nose and glossy eyes.

The boy spotted Y/N who had never looked so confused before. He pushed a smile and turned to everyone again.

"That went well, didn't it?" He asked, chuckling nervously. The boy looked at the ground before lifting his head up again.

"I am not afraid to say that I am not, and I never will marry someone I do not love. I have learned that sometimes, we have to treat ourselves and take a break. Sometimes, we have to do things for ourselves and taking away my own happiness isn't the way to solve our land's crisis. Basilwether will participate and support the voting of the women's equal right reform. It's for the world. We need a change. A good change. We're not only doing this for ourselves, but for all of the people out there that deserves to be treated with kindness and utmost respect. Don't you want that? To be happy?" He asked.

No one spoke. They all just looked at him, contemplating their thoughts. Y/N noticed this and stood up. This action caught everyone by surprise as they whispered amongst themselves.

"Are you all deaf?" The girl asked. "Are you all blind? Can you not see the world's current circumstances?"

Tewkesbury didn't stop her. Neither did Enola and Guineviere or any of the lords. Though, Sir Whimbrel was silently listening along with Lord Cosko. The King was absent. They knew their plan is slowly getting destroyed, but they needed to hear more of this in order to have something in their defence.

"Countless young women are being forced to marry in order to strengthen the wealth of their families. They're being treated like baits for hungry greedy sharks underwater — "

"Girl, you clearly don't know anything about marriage and benefit of it. You don't get to have a say without knowledge of your subject." Sir Whimbrel interrupted.

"With all due respect, sir. I do. Have you heard or seen the increasing numbers of young girls taking their own lives on account of the pressure pressed by their own flesh and blood?" He didn't answer. The girl turned back to the crowd. "It's true, isn't it? There are some people here who grieved their loved ones who committed such actions. Question yourselves, did you ever ask if they were happy? I know at some point they tried to tell someone how they felt. We are humans after all, and we depend on each other. Our thoughts can't be left unheard forever. At least one or two, maybe three people would know — maybe a paper would recognise the cries of agony." she continued.

"See what selfishness and greed does to the mind?" She continued as she looked at her companions and smiled.

"This reform doesn't only equalize women's rights, but save lives as well. Think about your children, your family, and you dearest companions. Do you wish to lose them? Do you desire for their happiness to be taken away from them?"

They shook their heads.

"Then do something about it."