𝐱𝐱.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xx. It Has a Nice Ring To It

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1890. THE SUMMER'S MORNING was bright and pleasing. The birds sang so beautifully on the rustling trees. The wind was blowing and whistling around the state of Basilwether.

The small pond's running water was heard from a distance. The grass had morning dews that delighted people of its nostalgic beauty.

Y/N and Tewkesbury were scheduled to meet a family of high ranks in the gardens where every flower bloomed ever so beautifully. She wore her nicest pale yellow dress along with her new pair of shoes. Her old one was quite the mess. L/N had her hair down. By the time that they were due to go outside, Tewkesbury knocked on her door.

"Is the lady of grace and beauty ready to meet the Duke's family?" he asked.

She stood there, crossing her arms as he peeked through the small space of the door."I don't know, Tewkesbury. Is she?" she asked.

He playfully sighed."Right. You're missing something." The boy said and walked over to her.

The Marquess of Basilwether kissed her nose and her forehead, her cheeks and her lips."Now, is she ready?" he asked.

"Cheesy, but okay." She answered."She's ready."

He noticed her shaking."Why so nervous?"

"Nothing. Just — "

"You defeated your enemies, Y/N. What can you be so afraid of now?" he asked.

"I'm not the only one who defeated them. Most of you all did the work. I was just standing around, holding my dagger because I'm not really a good combatant. Plus, They're the highest rank in the house of the lords and I'm just — well, me."

"You refused the title the Queen has wanted to give you. They should know that."

A few seconds of silence, she nodded and whispered a slight,"Okay."

And off they go to meet the Duke and the Duchess of Montenice (slow pronunciation).

Once the pair finally joined the Duke and Duchess, they all flashed a smile

Once the pair finally joined the Duke and Duchess, they all flashed a smile."I must say, you have quite a lovely home, Lord Tewkesbury." The man said.

"Thank you, Duke Herbert."

"Looking . . . quite . . . casual, Miss Y/N." The woman, she's assuming the duchess said, eyeing her up and down.

"My, she's not royalty or any of the nobles. It's normal." Duke Herbert said.

Once their meals are served, they started digging in. Y/N cluelessly looked at her plate where a small amount of weird tiny black balls are put.

She looked around at the table and at Tewkesbury who seemed to be quite efficient with this. She tried to copy his actions, only to drop the spoon she's required to use.

Everyone looked at her weirdly. She awkwardly fumbled on the utensils next to her plate and got a fork."Sorry. I'm clumsy," she said. This earned a chuckle from the Duchess.

Duke Herbert bitterly laughed."Poor dining etiquette, I see. I'm not surprised. Your mother — "

"My mother has taught me well about table manners and utensils. Not only that, you dare insult me again, I know exactly where to stab this fork to the right artery that will make you cry for months." Y/N snapped.