𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
───── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ─────
i. The Masquerade

"OW! IF YOU PULL THOSE STRINGS one more time, Laville. I will not hesitate to jump out of that window," Y/N said as her assistant harshly pulled the strings of her corset. Her assistant scrunched her nose over the exaggeration yet obeyed. "As long as it isn't that tight, I'll breathe, but I'm getting quite the opposite feeling as you pull."

"Apologies, miss."

"All is forgiven, Laville. It was an innocent mistake."

The assistant of the young girl then sighed as she tied the strings in a strong knot. She then prepared the dress the girl was about to wear to the masquerade ball.

After putting on the gown of elegance and femininity, she sighed contentedly as her fingers brushed the expensive silk. "I don't want anything too extravagant with my hair — " Y/N sighed, thinking it'll be too much work for her already exhausted assistant. "Oh, you know what? I can do it myself. It's getting late. You should go back to your family."

Her assistant beamed and nodded. "I wish I could come with you, miss, but despite your kind invitation, I have to look after my dearest brother. My mother is gravely ill, nothing but skin and bones. Though, I do not wish to burden you." Laville sighed and looked at her employer fondly, "You look very lovely. I wish you the best of luck with the project you and the young lord have been working on."

"Thank you," Y/N answered. "I'm sorry for making you come here from London."

"It's nothing to apologise for. It's my job to assist you. Now, I best be hitting the road. The Lord will be here soon. It's not my intention to restrain a wonderful opportunity to be alone together," Laville nodded her head to signal her leave as she smiled.

The girl watched as her figure left the door then faced her mirror and started doing her hair. It was a hassle, and although she wished for Laville to return and assist her with the million strands of burden sitting on her head, she sighed in defeat. Getting tired by all the pulling and tugging on her locks, she decided; maybe she should just braid the upper half of her hair and tie it in a bun.

And of course, who wouldn't forget the glinting imperfection of priceless stones sitting comfortably in a box? Yes, as soon as she recalled, she wore the necklace Tewkesbury had gifted her the other day. What a lovely touch to her appearance. The mirror would agree if it were alive.

She didn't mind how she looked at the moment. She just recited the words she will use later on in her head. A knock on the door was heard when Tewkesbury walked in wearing his mask. He smiled at her cheekily.

"Now, who is this lovely damsel in my lady's room? I am not familiar with her elegant grace behind that mask," he taunted as the girl giggled and stood up, quickly giving him a hug.

"And I don't recognize such a fine and charming man," Y/N replied, pulling away.

"May I?" He asked jokingly.

"If you must." The girl answered, joining this make-pretend first meeting.

The boy slowly untied the laces of the mask and gently pulled it off. "Y/N! I didn't know it's you!" He pretended to be surprised.

L/N laughed at his silly shenanigans. "Oh no! I've been exposed— but wait, if you know me, I must know you as well!" She dramatically exclaimed and took his mask off in return.

"Tewkesbury! Are my eyes deceiving me? Is it really you?!" She inquired in an exaggerated manner.

Both of them snickered then as their laughter faded, they stared at each other with a satisfied exhale.