𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
viii. Truth Beneath the Lies

TEWKESBURY WIPED HIS TEARS with his trembling fingers as he tried to compose himself — which if he were to comment, was far too hard to successfully do. He sniffled and fixed his blazer aggressively. The boy looked at his feet as he walked back inside the estate with his Uncle watching him intently.

The young lord glared as he spotted the old man. He stopped walking and said,

"I hope you're happy now, Uncle."

The man chuckled. "Of course. You'll understand someday. It's for your own good." He said.

"You know nothing about my own good! You just made me do it because you don't want her to win! You threatened me and stripped everything I had. Is that such a great thing to do?" He didn't wait for an answer. "And here I thought you're a man of wisdom. It turns out, you're as stupid as everybody else."

With that, the young lord went to Y/N's supposed bedroom if she had just accepted his offer to make her stay and stayed there for the rest of the day. No matter how much the servants tried to get him out he never budged.

He wished he had never done what his Uncle had told him to do. He told himself he shouldn't have listened. He wanted to forget, but the memories were vividly etched in his mind.

The consquences, here and there. It was a trap.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

A MONTH AND A HALF AGO

"How could you do this to us?" Tewkesbury asked with the feeling of betrayal devouring him.

"I had to concoct an assassination plan, my boy. Your nonsense appeal to fight for feminism is nothing but a selfish desire that will lead our country into savagery. You're leading thousands of uneducated voters to a trap! If the King — "

"You tried to kill us! Kill me. Your own nephew. Yet, you still have the face to speak? I don't want to carry on with this conversation any further. You are to leave this estate, and if I see you one more time, I will tear your reputation to pieces right in front of everyone that mattered to your selfish vanity!"

"You know you'll have to listen to what I say first." His uncle said. The boy gave him a sharp scowl. He chuckled, "End things with her."

"Or else what?"

"You'll no longer see her walk under the sun. You'll never hear her open her mouth to speak and you will no longer have the chance to listen to her heart beat." Upon hearing that, his glare softened. His heart tightened as he clenched his fist in pain.

"I will give up your estate, and we will move to Spain. Permanently." His uncle added.

The feeling of his heart dropping to his stomach was one thing that he couldn't ignore.

"You're not only threatening me, but her life. What good does this do? You're supposed to be a leader! You're supposed to lead! What has happened to you? This project is the second step to change the country into a better place. Why are you preventing it from happening?" He asked furiously.

"Soon enough you'll understand. You'll thank me eventually."

"Thank you for what? Destroying my life? That woman is my world. That woman made me who I am today and you just want me to break her? She's the one who made good things happen and she deserves a lot more than just the universe! I plan to give her everything I have, not abandon her in return!" Tewkesbury defended.

"You know that no matter how much volume you add in to your voice, how much explanation you have to free from your lips, you can never change my mind. Leave her, or she dies." The old man stated looking at his nephew with crucial eyes.

Tewkesbury gulped and let out a sigh. His breath hitched. He was starting to fume even more. He wanted to kill his uncle right then and there but he knew if he did, his title and reputation will vanish along with the chance to win the parliament's vote.

He also knew he wanted to save Y/N in every possible way she can be saved even if it means he has to choose the hardest decision.

"What do you want me to do?"

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Oh, how he regretted every single part of that insolent strategy. He wished he could go back to the past and change every single mistake he has done, but everything was set to save someone he held so dear.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Meanwhile, Y/N finally returned to the Castlerenian Hall with unwiped tears trickling slowly down her cheeks. She knocked on the large doors to be met by Enola who seemed to have arrived just a few minutes before her. When the girl saw her friend's state, she opened her arms inviting her in a hug.

"What happened to you?" Holmes asked.

It took Y/N a while to answer before she gave in and cried an ocean worth, surrendering to her need of a warm embrace, and a voice of comfort.

"Tewkesbury." She mumbled in her shoulder. The girl sniffled and hiccuped from all the crying she has done all day on her way back to Lord Leucrion's home.

"What do you mean? What happened to Tewkesbury?" Enola asked.

"I should have known it was not all set in stone. I've never known grave sorrow until I met him. Enola, I do not know what to do," she answered between sobs as the girl patted her back. Holmes was confused, of course.

The lovesick fool of Basilwether? He only ever opened his mouth as long as it entertained anything that had to do with Y/N.

"Are you sure Tewkesbury said that?"

"Do I look like I'm bloody deaf?! I heard him say it — he said it. It's true. Just before me!"

The girl started to breath in an unstable pattern as she felt dizzy. "I think it's time for you to change your clothes, eat, and sleep. You need your rest. We'll talk about this tomorrow." Enola said.

Suddenly, Guineviere appeared and rushed forward to Y/N when she saw her vulnerable situation. "What happened?"

"She doesn't want to talk about it," Holmes said. "I think she needs to eat and rest. She's exhausted."

"I'm fine."

"Yeah, you're totally fine," Enola sarcastically replied. Though, her heart ached to see her best friend like this.

"It's that Tewkesbury, isn't it?" Guineviere asked.

Enola silently nodded.

"I never thought the day would come." The yound lady of Castalene mumbled absent-mindedly. "They were the fated constellations."

"Only the stupidest of fools would believe that."