𝐱𝐢𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xii. The Lord's Betrayal

EVERYTHING FELT normal, as if nothing's occurred before. Y/N and Tewkesbury is having their own moment in the girl's room. The young lord sat a few feet away from the fireplace with Y/N laying her head on his lap as they read and reciting a book together.

"Ay me!" The girl recited.

"She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art. As glorious to this night, being o'er my head. As is a winged messenger of heaven. Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes. Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him. When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds. And sails upon the bosom of the air." Tewkesbury read. He drew small circles on the back of her hand with his thumb and smiled.

"It's your turn."

"Oh! Sorry." Y/N said and looked away from him to the book. He laughed.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet." She said.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part. Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, Retain that dear perfection which he owes. Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, And for that name which is no part of thee. Take all myself."

"I take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I'll be new baptised; Henceforth I never will be Romeo."

"It's sad how their families act like headless chickens." Y/N commented and looked up at him.

He hummed in response. "It is."

She gave him a weak smile. "They're star-crossed lovers, aren't they?"

The boy nodded. "Seems as though we're alike."

Y/N sat up and took the book away from him. She looked at his lips and his eyes. "All of me seems to refuse the acceptance of our circumstance," she whispered. "You are to be married and make another woman your wife. What are we to do after that, Tewkesbury?"

He leaned in and placed a peck on her forehead. "I . . . will find . . . a way . . . " he spoke between kisses. "I'll never let you go," he finished.

Pulling away, he ran his fingers through her hair, fixing the few frizzles that he secretly loved. "I promise," he said breathlessly.

Suddenly, the door bursts open revealing Enola and Guineviere, desperately catching their breaths with papers clutched in their hands, once waved in the air only to fall on her knees with her fingers.

"What happened?" Y/N asked and stood up.

"We have something to tell you! It's urgent. Close the doors and lock them!" Guineviere exclaimed. Enola did as she was told.

Both girls rushed to Y/N and handed her the papers.

"What is this?"