𝐯.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
           🏹ׅ۬∙           
v. The Stars Witnessed How
He Swore

AFTER A FEW TIMES OF DROPPING Lord Barron to the floor from exhaustion, they finally reached the other manor of Lord Cosko who had bruises here and there and his daughter who had a bleeding gash on her cheek.

Y/N and Tewkesbury sighed at the same time as the lord of Ferdonia finally caught the attention of help.

"I'm getting sceptical of this project, Lord Tewkesbury. Perhaps we should just stop." Lord Theron said. Everyone turned their heads to him and looked down to the ground.

"We aren't going to stop, Lord Theron. This is what they wanted. To scare us. To make us turn our backs against the change we're providing. Do you want us to just walk away from this without any justice?" Tewkesbury asked.

"He's right, you know? They want to scare us. Do you really want to give them what they want? Fear and satisfaction in exchange for pity and slacking reputation? Do you want your people to speak of you so lowly about how much of a coward you are?" Y/N seconded and stepped up next to her lover.

They shook their heads. "You're all adults yet the youngest ones are telling you what to do. Come on, be better."

A few minutes later, they were convinced to continue once again. "We'll have to sleep for the night. Tomorrow, we'll have to host another fundraiser event."

***

As soon as the girl finally got to lie on the soft luxurious bed, a knock on the door was heard. She sighed and stood up to open it.

"Good evening," Tewkesbury said in a deep raspy voice. He fiddled his fingers as he nervously looked at her.

"Good evening." She replied and arched an eyebrow.

"Can I — you know."

"Actually, I don't."

"Can I — "

"Can you what, Tewkesbury? Spit it out," she encouraged. The boy nervously chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair as he licked his lips, awkwardly smiling.

He slightly made unnecessary movements with his feet, twirling his toe halfway to the floor and blinking numerously. He then made a sharp exhale through his teeth and mumbled, "Sleep — next to you. I, er . . . I can't sleep in my room. It's too cold."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "You needn't ask, Nitwit. Come on in!"

"Really?"

"Would you pass for a lover when you act like an unrequited crush?"

"I suppose not," he replied as she let out a slight laugh. The boy happily walked in and looked around.

"You know, I had an idea. There's a balcony over there. You might mistake it for a window. Maybe we can try and sleep there. It will be fun to stargaze for a little bit. Don't worry we'll have enough sheets and blankets to keep us warm." Y/N suddenly said.

"I like that idea. Let's do it," Tewkesbury said.

So they did. Once they've prepared their bed on the balcony floor, they tuck their bodies under the thick white blankets with a sigh as their heads hit their pillow.