𝐱𝐢.

LETHAL JOURNEY ࿐ྂ
──────── 🏹ׅ۬∙ ────────
xi. Star-crossed As We Are

"Y/N. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP walking for just a minute and hear me out?" Tewkesbury asked as he continued to follow the girl. She stopped and turned to him, glaring.

"What good will it do?" She questioned. "You are to be married to another woman."

"But I don't want her. I want you. I promised you — "

"Why are you bringing that up? You broke that promise, remember?" She interjected.

"Just listen to me."

"Fine. I will. But, make sure it makes sense." She crossed her arms.

"I can't explain neither can I tell you how that proposal happened. I didn't even know anything regarding that, until she came here and spoke." He started. "I'm here to make things right with you, Y/N. I'm here to tell you the truth."

"The truth?"

"That month I never replied was a month where I was locked up in my estate threatened by my own uncle. He made me do it, Y/N. I don't know why he did, but he was so persistent on it."

"What are you saying?"

"He made me leave you even if that is against my will. You're my world, Y/N. You saved me and changed me into a better man I never thought I could ever be. You showed me the better things in life ehile I was surrounded by firearms and ugly human nature. You taught me how to fight. You built me up."

"Then why did you tell me you weren't even serious?"

"I had to say it to make you leave me!"

"Why?"

"Because I was scared that I might not see you again." He answered. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?"

"He threatened me to kill you if I didn't do it."

Her heart began to beat a lot faster than before. She was mind-blown from the truth that she has heard. Is it true?

"I'd do it all for you," He added.

That single statement made her remember the first time he said it. She couldn't help but let out a breath as the butterflies in her stomach painfully tickled her again.

"I never spoke to Lisette. I didn't want anything to do with her. Uncle forced her to keep me company in any day that I get out of my room. She would follow me everywhere. She's nothing to me. And as much as I hate to compare, she's nowhere near my heart even when put beside you, Y/N."

"Those months without you were grim and lonely. I wished you were there everytime. I have kept a journal where every little things that happened to us were written. I read them everyday and even scribbled down all the things I wanted to say to you. I have planned our future, written in ink and poured with promises. I couldn't let go. Even if I tried to. I couldn't." He said.

The young lord walked towards her slowly and gently grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry." He said. "If only I knew how stupid it was, I would have just told you earlier. I should've let you known the truth."