Chapter Six

"Oswyn!" Michael's voice could barely be heard over the pandemonium surrounding the girl. Soon the sound of the engine faded away. Oswyn stood, safely on the ground next to the boys, who howled and hollered up through the fog. Moments later, the boy's body dropped from the sky and David stepped forward in time to catch him. He was passed out. Pussy.

"Is your brother always like this?" David turned to the exasperated girl next to him, ignoring the laughter from the surrounding group. Oswyn nodded, irritated by her brother's wimpiness.

Take him home. Oswyn told David. I'd rather not put up with a passed out brother.

 -

Michael's window was luckily unlocked, and the group climbed in with ease. Paul, who had been tasked with carrying the boy, dumped him on the bed as Oswyn ducked out of the room. She wandered quietly down the hallway, careful not to wake her younger brother, grandad, or mother, and entered her room.

It was an utter mess. Boxes were stacked against the walls (a product of her unwillingness to unpack), and yesterday's clothes were strewn across the floor. A couple horror novels sat at the foot of a disastrously made bed, the pillows on the floor, and the bedside lamp was without a table to sit on. Oswyn surveyed her room disinterestedly, before toeing the door half shut, removing her sandals and skirt, and as she began slipping the straps of her one piece off her shoulders, she heard almost silent footsteps approach.

She turned around to see a tall dark silhouette in the doorway. She turned around again and sighed, sliding a strap back over her shoulder.

Are you in or are you out, David? Oswyn huffed mentally. Make up your mind and close the door.

Moments later the door closed, and a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. Oswyn felt him flinch slightly, as did she. The pain was stronger than ever, and it would only get worse. Every moment they spent together made the ache return, the electricity to strengthen. It was as if they were struck by lighting, the sheer power pulsing through their blood. Every inch of skin that came in contact with the other's was on fire, burning hotter than the sun, freezing like frostbite. It was like a blood disease that would never go away. It was like being trapped in an iron maiden, the spikes only growing longer.

"You feel it too, Oswyn." David's voice was aggressive, desperate, pained. He was right. "Four hours until sunrise. We have plenty of time."

She spun around on the spot, stepping up onto her tiptoes, her petite figure was dwarfed by the tall vampire in front of her. Their lips connected and someone seemed to smash a crowbar into her face. But just as the torment worsened it began to fade. Layers were lost and soon enough David's bare figure was leaning over Oswyn. Her one piece was on the floor in a pile with a mass of dark clothing, abandoned and unneeded.

Everything hurt, constant contact making it impossible to tell where Oswyn's body ended and David's body began. Excruciating, harrowing, mind-numbing pain, and then it disappeared. Pleasure, so sudden and overwhelming that Oswyn felt like melting into the bed. Grunts, groans, and hoarse moans punctuated the silence.

It was like flood gates had been opened, and every feeling that Oswyn had repressed, rejected, or restrained came crashing down on her in that moment. Up until that moment she had been giving a big fuck you to the mating bond, but at that moment, it didn't seem so bad. Eternity didn't seem so bad.

David rolled off Oswyn, making the bed creak slightly. It was a reasonable worry that the bed might've broken from the sudden weight, combined with the strain that had been put on it within the past half hour. A satisfied silence engulfed the room, neither one spoke. Subconsciously, Oswyn's hand inched towards Davids, fingers slowly intertwining. David squeezed her hand. There was no pain, or electricity. She only felt his cold, calloused, undead hand. It was new, and though she hated to admit it, it was... good.

———

Sun and hot air flowed freely through the window. Oswyn rolled over, kicking the thin sheet off her naked body. Small beads of sweat had formed on her face and chest, making her hickey-marked skin shimmer in the light. She didn't know why she woke up, it was the middle of the day. But as her head cleared, she could hear incessant knocking on the door.

"Oswyn? Are you sleeping too? Why can't I open the door? I thought the house didn't have any locks." Sam yelled through the door. Sitting up, Oswyn opened her eyes, which teared up, unhappy with the copious amounts of sunlight. Several boxes had been pushed against the lockless door.

Leave it to David to keep people out of the room but not close the damn window!

She rolled onto her stomach, pressing her face into the pillow. The whole bed smelt of sweat, sex, and David. She couldn't describe how the smell made her feel. Cigarettes and blood, musk and something rotting.