Chapter Fourteen

The room grew suddenly unsettlingly quiet, the last echoes of their pleasure fading into silence. David rolled off Oswyn, flopping on the bed, making it creak dangerously. He chuckled to himself before slinging an arm around her and pulling her into his side. She couldn't help but bury her face in his neck, inhaling his scent, now amplified by her new and improved senses. He still smelt as tantalising as the night before, but this time the blood didn't make her stomach twinge in hunger. It smelt delicious, but it didn't hurt her, she didn't yearn to give in anymore. She had given in. 

-

The pair awoke the next evening to the sound of Paul and Marko clanging around the caves. David groaned, disgruntled: he wasn't much of a 'morning' person. Oswyn lay still as he shifted, trying to figure out how to block out his obnoxious brothers. Eventually he gave up, staring at the roof of the cave, a growl rising in his throat. He was cut off as soft fingers traced themselves along his arm, caressing his bicep. He turned his head to see his mate, sleep in her eyes, bare figure clinging to his arm. David felt his muscles relax slightly, allowing his tension to dissipate as the woman looked up at him.

Realizing the man was awake, Oswyn nudged his arm, urging him to wrap it around her. He chuckled to himself but complied, wrapping her up in his embrace. He leisured in the feeling of her skin against his, her smooth legs entangling with his own as her breasts were squished into his side. Her head nestled into his shoulder, face pressed against his bare chest. She breathed in deeply, inhaling his scent; the smoke and musk from his cigarettes, the sweet aroma of blood, suddenly more appealing than it had ever been to her as a human, and (of course) sex.

Davids's chest rumbled with soft laughter. "What are you doing, kitten?"

Oswyn just shushed him, her hands snaking across his chest and stomach to hold him close. The man rolled his eyes but allowed her to drape herself over him. Closing his eyes, David rolled his head back onto the bed, trying to soak up a few more minutes of peace. Then the sounds of Paul and Marko reached his ears again. Releasing a sound somewhere between a sigh and a growl he sat up, still clutching Oswyn to his side.

The woman let out a small 'oof' as he squished her into his side. "Jesus, David, I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Don't hold me that tight."

He turned his head to look at her. "At the moment? Being a vampire generally means we're your family. You can't abandon family."

Oswyn smirked, leaning forward and letting her lips hover over his. "I don't plan on it babe, and not to sound materialistic but I'd like at least some of my stuff."

"I'll bring you down to your old family's house then, shall I?" David said, appreciating the closeness.

"I can't tell if you're a gentleman or overbearing." The woman smirked slightly.

"Let's go with a gentleman." He pressed his lips to her's, pulling her naked frame onto his lap. This was a far better way to wake up in the morning than listening to Paul and Marko trying to shove one another off the bar. Instead he felt her slim hands massaging his scalp as their lips moved together lazily. The tranquility couldn't last, however, as a resounding crash sounded from the main cave.

David begrudgingly pulled his face away from Oswyn's. "What the fuck are those two doing?"

Oswyn just sighed and rolled her eyes, burying her head in his shoulder, appreciating the feel of his cool skin against hers. Moment's later she felt herself being picked up like a ragdoll, held close to her mate's chest. "Suppose we should head out now, and bring those two knuckleheads to the boardwalk on the way."

"Suppose so."