TWENTY-THREE

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
' GIVE   'EM    HELL  ,  
KID . '

"Hey, Claire," Eddie began, glancing at Allison as she leaned against the phone box wall. "This is your aunt, Eddie." She let out a small piece of laughter. "Yeah, Supernova. I know all about you, too. I've wanted to meet you ever since I heard you were born. The trouble I've heard you get yourself into is truly inspirational. You know that?"

Allison swiped her with her notepad as Eddie smiled mischievously at her.

"You came up with the snare-drum-whipped-cream-pie all by yourself? I thought I was the genius."

Allison wore a soft smile as she heard the interaction.

"Well, an idea for the future," she glanced at Allison, leaping out of the way as she went to swipe her again, letting out a small giggle. "All you need is saran wrap and a doorway. Guaranteed, one of the best things I've ever done - the look on your mother's face! Your mom? Yeah, she's here with me now. She really wants to talk to you, Claire, but she can't," Eddie paused, chewing her lip. "Why? She has a sore throat, Lovie. But she wants me to tell you that she loves you more than anything in the whole wide world."

Her eyes flickered to the notepad and shifted to lean against the wall of the phone box.

"Your mom says, 'I miss you every day that I'm not with you. I know I let you down, but I would do anything for you. You made me want to wake up each day, and you're in my dreams every night. You're the most important person in the world to me,'" she paused, her eyes glazing over with worry as Allison began to cry.

"Yeah, I promise. Your mom'll be home soon. And Claire?" She smiled. "Give 'em hell, kid." The speaker clicked off as she placed the phone back. "Was that okay?"

"Thank you." Allison mouthed, smiling through the tears.

Eddie went to speak again when gunshots echoed from the bowling alley. Instantly, she sprinted towards it, a short explosion of power erupting from her body and forcing the doors open. As they entered the bowling alley, a chair intercepted Allison, knocking her to the ground into the shelter of a table.

Eddie crouched down beside her, a warning look appearing in her eyes. "If you move, I'll kill you myself. Alright?"

The moment Eddie stood, the bullets directed towards them froze before turning in mid-air and shooting back towards those who fired them.

She slid under a table for a moment of cover, but a person dressed in black ran towards her, gun poised. While rolling her shoulders, her eyes flickered to a penny spinning on the floor, and she swiped her hand through the air. Energy shot from the coin, its motion stopping, and morphed into electricity as it travelled. The person shook as the power ruptured through him, and he landed into a heap, body smoking.

Standing from her hiding spot, she stood, and the penny rose into the air, spinning so fast it was a blur in the air. Three hostiles lined up, guns pointed at her siblings, but the coin propelled forward and shot through their heads consecutively.

Quickly, she leapt over the counter and ducked under it, eying Klaus, Diego and Luther. She took a moment to catch her breath, dropping her head back momentarily.

"I have a plan," Eddie began, leaning forward and eying her siblings. "We may die, but I'm assuming everyone has no objections to that?"

"What?"

"Uhm, yes?"

"Oh, I couldn't care less."

"Right, on my signal, we're gonna fucking bomb it to the lanes, and we'll gather around the back. Luther, you've got Allison behind the counter, ninety degrees. Klaus, just focus on getting there alive, alright? Deigo, we try and keep as much cover as we can. Let's fuck shit up."

The men followed her instructions while Eddie inhaled sharply before standing. Her eyes glowed, and a butter knife rose from a table. She turned and catapulted it at a soldier.

As she looked at the ceiling, the lights began to flicker until they plunged were into pitch black. She stumbled slightly, her eyes becoming a source of light. Adrenaline forced its way through her veins, and she sprinted, not looking back. She dropped to slide across the lane, falling into the back of the bowling alley, and she continued off without stopping.