FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
' SOMEWHERE   NICE  , 
I   HOPE . '

Eddie reached the exit of the hotel and stood there for a moment. The car park was completely empty, void of any traces of her siblings. She did not move for a moment, closing her eyes as she shook her head and pushed her hair from her face. She spied a car and began towards it, and Eddie knocked on the window as she reclined against the door, elbow resting above the window and supporting her weight. A smile formed on her face as she winked.

'I suppose you're the reason Reggie's takin' so long,' Grace spoke in her strong southern accent as a kind smile formed on her face.

Eddie shrugged, looking away and towards the hotel. 'Well, I might have had something to do with it.' She looked back at her, inclining her head to look in the window before her eyes flickered up. 'Where's he taking you? Somewhere nice, I hope.'

'Oh, just to a restaurant down the road.'

She hummed as her eyes flickered down to lock with hers. 'A restaurant, huh? How original.' She let a smirk form on her face. Her eyes shot up as the doors opened and Hargreeves began to descend the stairs. She patted the roof of the car and smiled. 'Well, have a few for me.' She winked and turned away with a lazy salute directed at the older man. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and moved away.

\_|_/\_|_/\_|_/

Eddie entered Eliot's house, her eyebrows pulling into a furrow as a smell reached her nose. She blinked a few times before closing the door behind her. Her eyes fell on a knife, and Eddie picked it up, twirling it between her fingers as she approached further. A whimper filled her ears, and she ran her tongue over her teeth. Eddie let the knife fall to her side as she stopped by a wall, closing her eyes briefly. She took a step further, but the floorboards under her feet creaked. She froze and closed her eyes briefly.

'Fucking Fucktards,' she murmured. Silence filled the room, and she squinted, before taking a step further into the house. Her eyes fluttered over the space until they fell on a dentist chair with a quivering form reclined on it. She tilted her head before looking behind her back. She moved towards the chair but the knife clattered to the ground, and she swept forward.

Elliot let out a quiet whimper and Eddie's eyes widened at the sight of his beaten and barely-living form. Various kinds of tools stuck into his pale flesh, clogged with layers of sweat and he let out a whine and Eddie shushed him gently.

'Hey, it's alright.' Her voice was soft as she moved into his line of sight. Her eyes fluttered around the room for a moment. 'Don't worry. You're safe.' Her eyes landed on a handgun laying on the table. She squinted for a moment before wrapping her hand around it. She lifted a hand and pushed some of his hair away from his face, suppressing a shiver. 'You did the best you could, my dear.' She placed the gun to the side of his head, smiling at him. 'I know it hurts, but you're gonna get better, I promise. The pain's gonna go.' Her eyes became earnest, and her finger hovered over the trigger. He stared into her eyes, wide and scared however relief began to float within them.

A gunshot erupted throughout the room, and Elliot's body slumped in the chair.